Well who's next

Going by his experience of 4 years at Mainz, Thomas Tuchel should have been no-where near the Borussia Dortmund job. And there he is having them chasing Bayern and playing in the CL ... and rather successful.

In short, we have no clue what Pedro's previous jobs will mean to his next one. But he's been around and seen various places, styles and tactics. Some like to viw it with a glass half full, some with a glass half empty. But there is no point in having no glass at all ...

Hey the guy could go on to prove a sensation - we all bought into MW and he was a disaster

all i'm saying is this guy's track record has nothing in it to suggest his next appointment should be a club the size of Rangers

The manager gets my backing until he doesn't deserve it

This.

I'm looking forward to the guy getting started, a new mindset, some tactical nous and ability to change things, and also a knowledge of markets that we can afford to shop in. I don't believe for a minute that our squad at present is as bad as people paint it, as much as I hate to compare us to the other lot, Brenda has turned a lot of their players around that were branded hopeless under Deila.

THREE IN ONE Pedro Caixinha won’t be arriving at Rangers alone… he’s set to bring three members of his coaching staff

The Portuguese coach has agreed for three trusted and key coaches to come with him to Glasgow

By Mark Walker

10th March 2017, 10:31 am

Updated: 10th March 2017, 10:34 am

PEDRO CAIXINHA is set to bring three members of his coaching staff in Qatar to Rangers when he officially takes charge at Ibrox.

The Portuguese coach has been allowed to join the Ibrox club after Al-Gharafa reluctantly gave permission for him to leave.

Pedro Caixinha will be appointed Rangers boss in the coming days

But he won’t be travelling alone. Caixinha has agreed for three trusted and key coaches to come with him to Glasgow.

Caixinha will bring his long-term assistant Helder Baptista, his fitness coach Pedro Malta and goalkeeping coach Jose Belman to Scotland.

Baptista – a former Paris St Germain and Rayo Vallecano midfielder – worked with Caixinha at Leira and Nacional in their Portuguese homeland, before enjoying great success at Santos Laguna in Mexico and then going with his boss to the Gulf state.

I would say the one thing we don't need is a goalkeeping coach. we do very well in that area.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/702296/pedro-caixinha-wont-be-arriving-at-rangers-alone-hes-set-to-bring-three-members-of-his-coaching-staff/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-TwOther-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Edited by pete

I would guess this is one of a few reasons why the compensation fee seems relatively large for a man with 45 days left on his contract, we're effectively paying compensation for 4 people....

Edited by lenny3k

I seem to remember something about needing an exit visa signed by the head of whatever department you were working for in Qatar [ it would be the minister for sport in this case] before you are allowed to leave the country. Is it possible that this is what the slight hold up is ?

Well I welcome him to the managers job at our club and I wish him well , but on a downside I just cant see him being a success I have this horrible feeling we will soon be looking for another manager/coach .

Is it just me, or do the media appear to have an awful lot of "factual" information now??? Even though there is still nothing coming out of the club.

Yet, all reports still don't know WHEN he is actually going to be unveiled.