The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Has there ever been a good player emerged from Finish football? Maybe this boy will be the exception.

What's the story with Ryan Hardie, is he being released or has he got a chance at the club following a couple of seasons out on loan? He scored 9 goals in the season just passed playing for two of the poorest sides in league and scored twice for Scotland under 21s earlier this week. We're getting excited about a 20 year old from Finish football, but is that a very different standard from Scottish football?

Jari Litmanen, Sami Hyppia spring to mind. I'm a bit biased, though.

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha wants HJK Helsinki striker Alfredo Morelos after tip off from Jonatan Johansson

The 20 year-old Colombian has hit three goals in six Europa League appearances last season

RANGERS want HJK Helsinki striker Alfredo Morelos.

The 20 year-old Colombian has hit three goals in six Europa League appearances – scoring 30 goals in 43 appearances in total last year.

Helsinki are resigned to losing their star man with Ibrox first team coach Jonatan Johansson recommending the player to Gers gaffer Pedro Caixinha.

The forward could be Rangers’ fifth summer signing, following Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack, Dalcio and Fabio Cardoso.

SunSport revealed this morning that Gers WON’T make a move for Jose Javier Abella.

Santos Laguna president Alejandro Irarragorri hinted that a deal for the right-back was close.

He said: “I talk a lot with Pedro Caixinha and he has good reason for taking the two Mexicans to Scottish football.“And there is a player at Santos that interests him. We are in negotiations about him.

“I think it’s wonderful that we can contribute to the internationalisation of Mexican football.“There could be three Mexicans playing in Scotland next season.”

But the full-back won’t be at Ibrox next season.

Morelos seems to be a goalscorer, at a very young age; 30 goals last year, and 11 (in 12 matches) so far this season. I'm not sure of the level of Finnish football, but he scores goals at a young age and shouldn't cost too much. It's probably worth the gamble.

Edited by Rousseau

Going on the Stats and his age that would be the most exciting signing yet. It is Scandinavia that the Dutch teams get their best players so expect a few of them to be sniffing around as well. Pedro's Spanish connection should be an advantage.

Just one question. Do the Spanish guy's have to learn English or do the English guy's have to learn Spanish.:)

This signing WOULD excite me. Young, goalscorer, probable resale value

But we would need to get his signature first :(

Has there ever been a good player emerged from Finish football? Maybe this boy will be the exception.

What's the story with Ryan Hardie, is he being released or has he got a chance at the club following a couple of seasons out on loan? He scored 9 goals in the season just passed playing for two of the poorest sides in league and scored twice for Scotland under 21s earlier this week. We're getting excited about a 20 year old from Finish football, but is that a very different standard from Scottish football?

He's Colombian though so it could be contended that he hasn't "emerged" from Finnish football.

To be fair he's emerged from Columbian football.

I know, and obviously that is more exciting. I was, however, answering the question: "Has there ever been a good player emerged from Finnish football?"