The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

This signing WOULD excite me. Young, goalscorer, probable resale value

But we would need to get his signature first :(

We have a lot to offer. I presume he would get more money than in Finland and would be in a high profile side on the doorstep of the promised land across the border and preparing to play in Europe. I suspect even just the stadium may impress him. HJK stadium capacity 10,770

We have a lot to offer. I presume he would get more money than in Finland and would be in a high profile side on the doorstep of the promised land across the border and preparing to play in Europe. I suspect even just the stadium may impress him. HJK stadium capacity 10,770

Yes, but that is taking a very Rangers-related insular look at things.

"We have a lot to offer" - indeed, but if we can afford him then so too can lower level EPL teams and Championship teams - and he would be a gamble worth taking for them as he wouldn't cost much and his wages wouldn't be exorbitant, but more than likely far greater than we can afford to pay him.

And that's my point. We may have a lot to offer him but if any of the top 30 teams in England come sniffing around then his financial reward will be far superior to what we can offer him. Offering the Europa League actually isn't that big of a deal these days - seems he is in it already with Helsinki anyway - every player with ambition wants CL, not Europa.

I know, and obviously that is more exciting. I was, however, answering the question: "Has there ever been a good player emerged from Finnish football?"

He seems promising, but I am trying not to get too carried away, we are being linked with so many, but from the footage I would be very happy if we signed him!

Yes, but that is taking a very Rangers-related insular look at things.

"We have a lot to offer" - indeed, but if we can afford him then so too can lower level EPL teams and Championship teams - and he would be a gamble worth taking for them as he wouldn't cost much and his wages wouldn't be exorbitant, but more than likely far greater than we can afford to pay him.

And that's my point. We may have a lot to offer him but if any of the top 30 teams in England come sniffing around then his financial reward will be far superior to what we can offer him. Offering the Europa League actually isn't that big of a deal these days - seems he is in it already with Helsinki anyway - every player with ambition wants CL, not Europa.

And how many clubs in England could offer him a chance at the CL and a guaranteed first team spot? I'm fairly confident if Pedro were trying to convince him to come to Rangers he would be telling him we have an excellent chance of CL football next season regardless of different views on that possibility. There are only a handful who can offer him any type of Euro football at all be it CL or Europa league.

Edited by JFK-1

He seems promising, but I am trying not to get too carried away, we are being linked with so many, but from the footage I would be very happy if we signed him!

Thanks Cdoug - I'm avoiding watching the footage of any of them. It can be very misleading. I'm just awaiting on the season starting - and I've not got long to wait.

And how many clubs in England could offer him a chance at the CL and a guaranteed first team spot? I'm fairly confident if Pedro were trying to convince him to come to Rangers he would be telling him we have an excellent chance of CL football next season regardless of different views on that possibility. There are only a handful who can offer him any type of Euro football at all be it CL or Europa league.

And would we be offering a chance at the CL ? Not next season we wont be, and he would need to rely on a team that finished 39 points behind the team that won the league. Would he be guaranteed a first team spot at Rangers ?

Any manager speaking to the kid would be selling up their club, it is what they are there to do. If the kid is smart enough he would be looking at the league table and going "you finished 13 wins behind the team that won the league and they were undefeated and won every single trophy - how much of a chance is there REALLY of toppling them and getting to the CL?".

There really aren't only a handful who can offer him any type of football though, are there.... There are 5 or 6 in England and the same in Spain, Germany, France, Italy who could offer European football and all of whom can also outstrip us financially.

I love the positive spin you put on things JFK, I really do, but at times they are viewed with a very narrow, Rangers-centric focus. Nothing wrong with that but it fails to see the bigger picture at times.

And would we be offering a chance at the CL ? Not next season we wont be, and he would need to rely on a team that finished 39 points behind the team that won the league. Would he be guaranteed a first team spot at Rangers ?

Any manager speaking to the kid would be selling up their club, it is what they are there to do. If the kid is smart enough he would be looking at the league table and going "you finished 13 wins behind the team that won the league and they were undefeated and won every single trophy - how much of a chance is there REALLY of toppling them and getting to the CL?".

There really aren't only a handful who can offer him any type of football though, are there.... There are 5 or 6 in England and the same in Spain, Germany, France, Italy who could offer European football and all of whom can also outstrip us financially.

I love the positive spin you put on things JFK, I really do, but at times they are viewed with a very narrow, Rangers-centric focus. Nothing wrong with that but it fails to see the bigger picture at times.

I think someone who has a scoring record like that would be a first pick for the starting 11 at Rangers at least initially till he proved he was going to continue in that vein. How many of the Man Uniteds etc would he be an automatic first pick with?

HJK are like the sheep, they hit the Europa league third qualifying round and go out. He still has to prove himself at a level beyond that before the Euro giants may show real interest and before he could be an automatic first pick.

The boy is 20. He has plenty of time to make the really big money and a couple of years with us could be the ideal platform for him to move on to the big money at 22. He will get plenty of exposure in England if he were to come to us.