The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Eduardo Herrera, Carlos Pena and Alfredo Morelos will all be included in Rangers' squad for the first round of the Europa League. All the necessary work permit paperwork has been approved and they will meet the deadline for registration.*

https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/6/19/herrera-pena-and-morelos-make-rangers-euro-squad

McKay is far too lazy and can be anonymous when we are playing badly. When he should be one of the players to look to and lift our game. I'd happily see him leave.

I think McKay is the product of a bad environment, he never really got played under Mccoist and he probably wouldn't have faired to well either. he exceled under Warburton, but like Warburton I'm not sure he has the spine or the mental toughness to be a success here. He has showed flashes of it, and maybe working under PC he will kick on a bit, he maybe needed competition and to be challenged. I would move him central as well and give him a free role behind the striker.

DEADLINE BUSTERS: Rangers-bound stars Eduardo Herrera and Carlos Pena both available for Europa League first-round qualifier against Progres Niederkorn after meeting registration deadline.

The Mexican pair have both to be unveiled by the club but have been registered for the start of Gers' European campaign leaving one 'wildcard' still available.

EDUARDO HERRERA and Carlos Pena will both be available for Rangers’ Europa League first-round qualifier against Progres Niederkorn after meeting today’s registration deadline.

That means Gers boss Pedro Caixinha will have one ‘wildcard’ available to register another signing by June 28, the day before the Ibrox first leg against the team from Luxembourg.

Rangers this afternoon announced the signing of Colombian Alfredo Morelos from HJK Helsinki but are yet to unveil Mexican pair Herrera and Pena, with paperwork delaying their return to the UK.

But the pair have been registered with Uefa and will be in the squad as Caixinha bids to guide his team to the group stages.European chiefs allow clubs to register one ‘wildcard’ player who will be available for the first round.

That means Rangers could still play Graham Dorrans or Jamie Walker – or any other player – if they get the deals over the line in time.

Gers are set to make improved offers for Norwich midfielder Dorrans and Hearts winger Walker after seeing previous bids turned down.

Bruno Alves, Dalcio, Daniel Candeias, Fabio Cardoso and Ryan Jack have already been snapped up and will be available for Gers’ first round tie.

Caixinha’s first European test against Niederkorn sees them face a team who have never won in 12 European games.

Progress to the second round will mean a meeting with either*Cypriots AEL Limassol *or St Joseph’s FC from Gibraltar.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1168714/rangers-eduardo-herrera-carlos-pena-europa-league-progres-niederkorn/

Morelos seems to have a good goalscoring record let's hope he continues it here,welcome young man.

:rfc:

He certainly appears to know where the goal is....Hopefully PC will have a plan to maximise those strengths. Compared to the most recent striker signings, Morelos certainly appears to be a major step forward (on paper anyway)

I think McKay is the product of a bad environment, he never really got played under Mccoist and he probably wouldn't have faired to well either. he exceled under Warburton, but like Warburton I'm not sure he has the spine or the mental toughness to be a success here. He has showed flashes of it, and maybe working under PC he will kick on a bit, he maybe needed competition and to be challenged. I would move him central as well and give him a free role behind the striker.

I think Mckay is great if things are going well. He's anonymous at other times. We need someone that can balance the 2. I don't think that is Mckay.

Some snippets from FF ...

jellybeans says that both Pena and Herrera have been signed and by the looks of it, they simply await the return of their passports and/or visas to board the flights.

Some report from Mexico says that Pena has waved good-bye to his old club/city and has temporarily moved to Mexico-City, waiting for the above.

Re Dorrans, all between us and the player is settled, only Norwich seem to move goalposts and/or are not willing to take less than what we offer.

Re Walker, Hearts seem to hold out for their daft 1m valuation, for a player who can sign a pre-contract in January. IMHO, they a) hope that some English club happens by, and/or b) try to squeeze as much money out of us as they can, not very unfamiliar a tactic from starving Scottish clubs.

Elsewhere, Charlton Athletic apparently looks at Harry Forrester and Lee Hodson, supposedly weighing up six-figure bids.

-> http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/06/league-one-strugglers-linked-with.html

I'm not too fussed about Walker when McKay is better, IMO, and especially since we can get him for nothing in a year. I'd like to get Dorrans, although I'm not sure he's the top quality player most seem to think he is -- at least he is a step up on what we have.