The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Have to say Im not disappointed to see Garner leave.

We wasted much of his ability throughout the season while playing 4-3-3, but MW's "darlings" McKay and Waghorn could not be dispossessed despite not reaping producing enough goods. IMHO, Garner, Dodoo and Forrester, as well as MOH were VERY under-used throughout the season. Garner needed another striker about him to work with and PC actually stated that he'd change our attacking style to get the best out of him. That should tell us a few things - if we go by the much lauded tactical approach of PC?!

Garner would sure have added some more bite to our attack next season and you would have to hope that a) Herrera and Morelos will click from the off and, first and foremost b) we get their work permits and visas before the 19th. Else we end up with Miller, Waghorn and Dodoo as our prime attackers for the EL first quali round.

Edited by der Berliner

We wasted much of his ability throughout the season while playing 4-3-3, but MW's "darlings" McKay and Waghorn could not be dispossessed despite not reaping producing enough goods. IMHO, Garner, Dodoo and Forrester, as well as MOH were VERY under-used throughout the season. Garner needed another striker about him to work with and PC actually stated that he'd change our attacking style to get the best out of him. That should tell us a few things - if we go by the much lauded tactical approach of PC?!

Garner would sure have added some more bite to our attack next season and you would have to hope that a) Herrera and Morelos will click from the off and, first and foremost b) we get their work permits and visas before the 19th. Else we end up with Miller, Waghorn and Dodoo as our prime attackers for the EL first quali round.

I agree with much of what you have said, but from memory, I think that McKay provided the most 'chances created' over the course of the season. Unfortunately, his assists are always going to be low, when you have Garner and Waghorn as strike partners, neither of whom could be defined as regular goal scorers. I think there is a real player in McKay and hope that we don't lose him now, only to see him become the finished article at another club. With better players around him, we could just yet see him fulfil his potential.

Rangers race for UEFA deadline

Rangers hope to complete the signings of Eduardo Herrera, Carlos Pena and Alfredo Morelos prior to the June 19 UEFA registration deadline for the Europa League qualifiers.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/6/13/rangers-race-for-uefa-deadline

Be worth a bet on the SFA deciding they are going to take a "planned" 3 week break to cover selliks tour of Japan so won't be available to deal with our required registrations. :shifty:

Garner had plenty of opportunity to add bite to our attack and didn't. He's not strong enough to be a target man, and he's not quick enough to run the channels. Based on that, I have no idea where he could add value to a fast counter attacking team. I wish him the best, but I will be not be sad to see him go.

Garner had plenty of opportunity to add bite to our attack and didn't. He's not strong enough to be a target man, and he's not quick enough to run the channels. Based on that, I have no idea where he could add value to a fast counter attacking team. I wish him the best, but I will be not be sad to see him go.

Garner being good in the air is a total myth. Couple of games he won his fair share, more often than not though he never. He's defo not a target man. Decent in the air for his height is the best label for him. I wish him well but he's no great loss for us

Be worth a bet on the SFA deciding they are going to take a "planned" 3 week break to cover selliks tour of Japan so won't be available to deal with our required registrations. :shifty:

I am sure I read somewhere that McKay was about to sign a new contract. I am not sure where I read it though.