The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

It wouldn't have mattered who was signed as a striker as MW's pass it to death tactics would negate even the best striker in the world.

Passing it to death doesn't deter Messi from scoring over 50 goals a season in a far tougher league, or Ronaldo :ninja:

We're but passing the time till the next bit comes in. Did I just wrote that? :eek: Well, it is all about opinions and as always, we differ every now and then.

Meanwhile, Ian Cathro thinks Walker's transfer value is 1m ...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/ian-cathro-hearts-won-t-sell-jamie-walker-for-less-than-1m-1-4476765

We'll see what Mistress Budge makes of this.

He can sign a pre-contract in December. Tell the lad we want him but will wait till December. By December his value will plummet as he can sign that pre-contract so we could nab him then for a couple hundred thousand. If he really wants to join us as is being suggested (he is best friends with Holt) then he will wait, sign a pre-contract and then be our player next season, thus saving us 1 million quid. Unless, of course, he is being seen as a replacement for McKay and we already have McKay locked into leaving given he only has a year left too.

Edited by craig

FOLLOW FOLLOWER Rangers target Jamie Walker likes transfer post on Instagram, and Hearts star is also a confirmed follower of Ibrox club

SunSport Online revealed yesterday that the Jambos had snubbed a £500,000 offer for Walker

WANTAWAY Hearts star Jamie Walker has hinted he wants to move to Rangers after liking a transfer post on Instagram.

SunSport Online revealed yesterday that the Jambos had snubbed a £500,000 offer for Walker.

The 23-year-old has told Hearts he wants to leave this summer after rejecting a new contract that would have made him the highest paid player at the club.

And he has given the biggest indication yet that Ibrox would be his preferred destination by liking a post commenting on Gers’ failed bid online.

The message, shared by scottishfootballpage, netted nearly 400 likes.

Negotiations are believed to be ongoing between both clubs, with Hearts holding out for £1million.However, the Jambos are reluctant to sell Walker to their Premiership rivals.

Jambos boss Ian Cathro said: “Jamie has great talent, a lot of potential, and he can be influential.“It’s my responsibility to help him develop now and we’ll do that together.”

But despite Cathro’s praise it looks almost certain Walker will join Gers in the coming weeks.

We told earlier this week how Walker had been snapped with Ibrox stars Jason Holt, Fabio Cardoso and Dalcio outside Hampden.The playmaker met the trio before last weekend’s World Cup showdown between Scotland and England.

Excited Rangers fans have also made it clear they would love to see Walker join Pedro Caixinha’s Ibrox revolution.

This Walker saga feels a bit like Scott Allen a couple of seasons ago. Either Cathro has been told Hearts won't sell him less than £1 million or he's making a very big stick for his own back. Hearts can't afford to keep an unhappy player for 12 months and then lose him for nothing. They'll sell him in this window but selling him to us will be unpopular with their support and for that reasons I don't think they will. I could see him at Sunderland or MK Dons next season because I don't think we can, or should, spend £1 million on him.

He can sign a pre-contract in December. Tell the lad we want him but will wait till December. By December his value will plummet as he can sign that pre-contract so we could nab him then for a couple hundred thousand. If he really wants to join us as is being suggested (he is best friends with Holt) then he will wait, sign a pre-contract and then be our player next season, thus saving us 1 million quid. Unless, of course, he is being seen as a replacement for McKay and we already have McKay locked into leaving given he only has a year left too.

He'll be away south before that.

I'd hope we might come to a money plus players deal (Halliday? Waghorn?) for him as he's looked very good whenever I've seen him. But no idea how much of a priority he is. We've just signed wide players, after all, and haven't shifted any yet either.

Ian Cathro: Hearts won’t sell Jamie Walker for less than £1m

Hearts boss Ian Cathro has told Rangers they will not be able to sign Jamie Walker unless they meet the Tynecastle club’s £1million price tag. Keep up to date with all our sport news on The Scotsman’s Sport page on Facebook The Ibrox side had verbal offer of £500,000 rejected out of hand by Hearts for the 23-year-old, who netted 15 goals last season. Walker is out of contract at the end of next season and has already told the club he won’t be signing a new deal. However, Cathro insists Hearts will not be bullied into selling the player well short of his market value. He told STV: “I think it depends on a lot of aspects. When you look at the market I don’t think you can bring Jamie to your club for anything less than £1m. “But you also see [similar] players, maybe because they are at different clubs, going for more like £3m. The market can be a funny thing at times.

“Jamie is one of the most talent players in the country. Depending on how he works, he can go on to play at a very, very high level in the game. “He will not be leaving here for anything other than a value which reflects that. “Naturally we want to have him in our team so if there are going to be circumstances which take him away then they have to reflect the level of quality and potential of the player. “My understanding is there has been nothing of the sort.” Despite Walker expressing his desire to play elsewhere, the Hearts head coach insists he still wants the midfielder in his first-team squad for next season. “We understand the quality of player that we have and as his coach I look forward to continuing to work with him. “The players return tomorrow and I’ll be the first one to shake his hand and welcome him back to work.”

How on earth can a team like Hearts command a fee of £1m for any of their players......yet ANY our players are lucky if they get valued anywhere £500k??? Talks of Garner going for £500k, Windass fro £250k etc.

I always believed the fees were initially derived from a players remaining contract, wages etc. I would be telling Hearts to stick their player if that is their valuation. IF we paid that, we would NEVER be able to recover near that in any sell on deal.

How on earth can a team like Hearts command a fee of £1m for any of their players......yet ANY our players are lucky if they get valued anywhere £500k??? Talks of Garner going for £500k, Windass fro £250k etc.

I always believed the fees were initially derived from a players remaining contract, wages etc. I would be telling Hearts to stick their player if that is their valuation. IF we paid that, we would NEVER be able to recover near that in any sell on deal.

Totally agreed. £1m would be a push for him if he had 3 years left on his contract never mind entering th last year.

Totally agreed. £1m would be a push for him if he had 3 years left on his contract never mind entering th last year.

TBH, I haven't see the lad play....but entering last year of contract....mid-table Scottish team......player unproven at higher level (latter stages of cups, Europe etc).....we shouldn't be offering any more than £250k TOPS

We should hold off until Dec & get him on a pre-contract....if we miss out, so be it.