The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Souleymane Doukara ... 25-year old French-Senegalese striker who can also play on either wing. Contract at Leeds till summer 2018 with an option attached.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/souleymane-doukara/profil/spieler/171336

Performance Data last season ... mainly as centre forward or left winger.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/souleymane-doukara/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/171336/plus/0?saison=2016&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Does not look awe-inspiring, but this would be Scotland and the Premiership, not the English Championship. We shall see. I like Senegalese or Ghanaen attackers, at least those I see at the Afrcian Cup of Nations. Full of running, powerfull and, on their day, full of tricks.

Yeah he looks like he keeps busy, a big unit as well, it would make sense it looks like he plays the position Miller is currently occupying, sort of CF /LW role. Looks like he could be a target man as well, big unit, not that prolific, maybe they see him as a good foil for Morelos or Miller if he stays forward.

" Leeds United have confirmed that Rangers’ reported target Souleymane Doukara has secured a deal with the Elland Road club to leave, and manager Thomas Christiansen hopes to have a replacement for the Senegalese forward in by the weekend.

The 25-year old ex-Catania forward was omitted for the EFL Cup clash with Newport amidst doubts about his future, and following the heavy speculation linking him with Rangers their manager has now confirmed the attacker is set to leave imminently. "

Sounds ok, I don't want to build my hopes up but he is the type of player we need on the left, supposedly the fastest player over 100 yards in the under 23 premiership. fastest means nothing if you can't trap or dribble with a ball but it is encouraging.

There is no doubt this is a Mark Allen signing but will this maybe signal another change in tactics, Candias on one side and Namane on the other side. I remember reading something about Pedro's time in Mexico where his team were defending but leave two speedy wingers on the halfway line at either side of the pitch, these two would be the outballs and this was how he won most of his games and honors in Mexico

Mark Allen signing, yes, but I have no doubt PC told him what he wants; and then PC will have to agree to it.

Yes, MOH springs to mind about pace...

One of the more ITK-posters wrote this earlier:

Originally Posted by Albertz Was King

Don't know what the ITK guys have heard recently but it's now looking like there will be no more movement apparently.

It's no secret, Pedro wanted McLean and Walker, they were the final two from his list he produced to the board in the summer that we had yet to sign.

Unless either Aberdeen or Hearts do what Killie done way back when with Naismith on the final day of the window and phone us saying "do a deal" then our business for this summer is over.

Needless to say if this is the case, speculation will grow as to why the door was shut on spending more cash. No deals have been initiated and completed since the Progres disaster.

On the Naismith thing, that was and will never happen so long as Pedro is manager. He just isn't interested whatsoever.

That was before Nemane was dealed in though. Likewise ...

Guy on twitter posted theres another man city youngster coming on loan as well.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1117095-signings-this-week-or-after-next-match-(14-Viewing)&p=25572851#post25572851

BTW, do keep in mind that Nemane is out of contract next summer, even though we will never be able to offer him what ManCity has in store for the lad.

Chris Jack in the ET is suggesting Nemane is primarily a Development squad signing which seems to fit in with his contractual situation. I'd fancy this is just some media spin to try and temper expectations.

One of the more ITK-posters wrote this earlier:

That was before Nemane was dealed in though. Likewise ...

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1117095-signings-this-week-or-after-next-match-(14-Viewing)&p=25572851#post25572851

BTW, do keep in mind that Nemane is out of contract next summer, even though we will never be able to offer him what ManCity has in store for the lad.

I would be gutted if that was it for transfers, I still think we are very weak up front and could do with something extra in midfield and at fullback. mind you that's a few quid there anyway. I still think we might get a couple in before the window closes, I wouldn't pay a million for Walker and Mclean though when we can sign them on pre contracts in January. I'm still undecided about Moult but if it's a cheap option as a striker we could do worse, you know he can score in this league and doesn't mind getting physical (see our opening game) just think if we get a few injuries to our forwards we are going to struggle, I would fling in a bid of a couple hundred thousand to see what kind of reaction it got.