The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I would be gutted if that was it for transfers, I still think we are very weak up front and could do with something extra in midfield and at fullback. mind you that's a few quid there anyway. I still think we might get a couple in before the window closes, I wouldn't pay a million for Walker and Mclean though when we can sign them on pre contracts in January. I'm still undecided about Moult but if it's a cheap option as a striker we could do worse, you know he can score in this league and doesn't mind getting physical (see our opening game) just think if we get a few injuries to our forwards we are going to struggle, I would fling in a bid of a couple hundred thousand to see what kind of reaction it got.

Iv just listened to HH firing blanks, just want to say I never listened to it before I posted this :lol:

I'm still undecided about Moult but if it's a cheap option as a striker we could do worse, you know he can score in this league and doesn't mind getting physical (see our opening game)

There's one small thing missing from your analysis there Dave --- he would be wearing a Rangers jersey.

It must be approaching a hundred guys I've seen who we said the same about.

Colin Stein was my prime example when it comes to physical players showing up well and later signing for us.

Knobbled doesn't come into it.

Edited by boabie

I personally wouldn't give Pedro another penny in this window, I would prefer to keep any funds left (probably none due to Progres) for the new manager to use in January.

Given his track record this summer, starting with giving Miller another year to the Pena gamble, and getting rid of McKay, there are a lot more misses than hits.

I personally wouldn't give Pedro another penny in this window, I would prefer to keep any funds left (probably none due to Progres) for the new manager to use in January.

Given his track record this summer, starting with giving Miller another year to the Pena gamble, and getting rid of McKay, there are a lot more misses than hits.

Pointless blaming Pedro for McKay he was going come hell or high water in any case, he spent most of last season simply trying to avoid getting injured.

That wasn't a bad decision, based on KM's performance last season....it maintained a bit of continuity & provided the new guys with an experienced player to assist. The only problem now is with how much game time KM is getting - it's too much. He'd be etter winding down his contract, as more of a bench player.

The above is possibly a good reason why we've not seen more of Herrera....

That wasn't a bad decision, based on KM's performance last season....it maintained a bit of continuity & provided the new guys with an experienced player to assist. The only problem now is with how much game time KM is getting - it's too much. He'd be etter winding down his contract, as more of a bench player.

The above is possibly a good reason why we've not seen more of Herrera....

Your entitled to your opinion Darther, as I am mine. Miller's goalscoring last season was abysmal, his midfield play was really poor. He done nothing to merit a new deal IMO. I would rather have let him go and given Hardie the game time.

I would rather have let him go and given Hardie the game time.

I definitely feel he is getting FAR too much game time....Herrera or Hardie should be getting minutes under their belts. KM's experience is important, but I agree that he doesn't offer enough on the pitch during the game and PC should be reducing his game time in favour of those who have a longer term future.

Pointless blaming Pedro for McKay he was going come hell or high water in any case, he spent most of last season simply trying to avoid getting injured.

And whilst many of us were sad to see him leave, this is the reality.

And Pedro gets it tight for "allowing" it to happen. That, as sure a sign as any, is that many people won't give Pedro any leeway whatsoever.

McKay's "I wasn't appreciated" statement was bullshit and, truth be told, no better that Whittaker and Naismith's "new club" statement. Very little between then when both were factually inaccurate. McKay wasn't trying a leg in the 2nd half of last season, and he can justify it whatever way he wants, but Rangers fans know.