The Disreputable David Murray back on Scotland’s rich list with £150million fortune

during which we got to a UEFA final

How many goals did Murray score on that run Rab ?

You picked me up wrong mate - I didn't go to Ibrox during those years because of the way that rat was running Rangers.

I know nothing about his business dealings at Ibrox or anywhere else, but what I cannot forgive is the lack of any reasonable due diligence in his sale to CW. If this was a genuine error by him, I don't think that this demonstrates the business acumen we need at the club right now. If it was more sinister than that, he definitely has no place in the future of our club. Either way, we can do better in terms of business leadership. My understanding is that it was not his own money that was used at the club. Based on all of this, I can't see what he'd have to offer, notwithstanding the fact that I'd be shocked and stunned if he'd even be interested in a return.

The last 6 years of his tenure would tend to prove you wrong mate.

I am sure we won 3 titles in a row in his last 6 years. Anyways - my comment was tongue in cheek.

edit: just saw your last post.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

I know nothing about his business dealings at Ibrox or anywhere else, but what I cannot forgive is the lack of any reasonable due diligence in his sale to CW. If this was a genuine error by him, I don't think that this demonstrates the business acumen we need at the club right now. If it was more sinister than that, he definitely has no place in the future of our club. Either way, we can do better in terms of business leadership. My understanding is that it was not his own money that was used at the club. Based on all of this, I can't see what he'd have to offer, notwithstanding the fact that I'd be shocked and stunned if he'd even be interested in a return.

There was no "error" on Murrays part Gaffer. From the paper bag of cash paid to Marlborough until the day he left leaving us in ruins, Murray didn't put one brown cent of his own cash into Rangers. Money from companies he was involved with, yes. But not his own money. Are folk forgetting the assets he syphoned off, the wage he paid himself, his own EBT ?

But you are correct - there's no way he'd show his face at Ibrox again. Too many bears remember what some seem to be, possibly deliberately, forgetting.

Imo, he was worse than Whyte. Murray is totally responsible for Whyte.

There was no "error" on Murrays part Gaffer. From the paper bag of cash paid to Marlborough until the day he left leaving us in ruins, Murray didn't put one brown cent of his own cash into Rangers. Money from companies he was involved with, yes. But not his own money. Are folk forgetting the assets he syphoned off, the wage he paid himself, his own EBT ?

What wage did he pay himself?

So when King's companies put cash into Rangers it's not his own cash?

What wage did he pay himself?

So when King's companies put cash into Rangers it's not his own cash?

The strong suspicion was, has been for some time, still is, that Murray use BofS money, racking up substantial debts and overdrafts, over the whole group, secured against assets that were ultimately insufficient.

Rangers' debt was manageable in the trading circumstances of the football Club, but Lloyd's, owner of BofS, took, possibly forced, the opportunity to recoup the £18mill.

King's money is not, as far as I know/can see, bank or other debt, but investment from a Trust fund, established for the benefit of family and others.

I don't believe that Sir David was duped any more than the next man but he had made it clear he wanted out for several years and it's clear he had had enough and made a wrong decision. But to suggest he was somehow duplicit in everything that has followed stretches credibility beyond breaking point.

SDM gave us the best Rangers team most of us have seen since the early 60's and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I would welcome him back with open arms.

we're not allowed to use swear words but trolling garbage like this is OK?