The Disreputable David Murray back on Scotland’s rich list with £150million fortune

Given the choice of "bastard" or "disreputable" a man of business and finance mught prefer the former though his libel lawyers might be thinking £ signs at the latter.

I realise that opinions about SDM vary widely; but IMO referring to him as a b****** is totally out of order.

If by opinions vary we mean from b****d to cheating phoney f***** b****** I would be inclined to agree.

Edited by Walterbear

There is a cricketing story, possibly apocryphal, that during England's (in)famous "bodyline" Ashes tour, 1932-33, the England captain, Douglas Jardine (yes, a Scot, born in Bombay/Mumbai, right enough) approached the Australian dressing room, post play, to complain about bad language. The Oz captain was Bill Woodfull, and the resulting exchange may have been with him

Jardine tells the Aussie who answered his knock that one of Aussies had called him a 'bastard'.

The Aussie, keeping Jardine at the dressing room door, turns and enquires of his team mates:

"Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"

Ian1964 should rely upon the Australian Defence.

From what I have read/heard of the Murray/Findlay Show, the defence is founded on showing that Murray is an even bigger liar than Tam Pepper,

and Tam Pepper, is, of course, in the dock.

The question of bastardry does not seem to come into it.

Edited by Uilleam

Although I was slagging off Dave King in another thread, I hope he hypothetically sues SDM for a big slice of that £150million, if hypothetically it emerges that SDM knew that 'Tam Pepper' was a carpet bagger who never even had a pot to pee into, as is currently being alleged by Donald Findlay QC in an ongoing court case.

Although I was slagging off Dave King in another thread, I hope he hypothetically sues SDM for a big slice of that £150million, if hypothetically it emerges that SDM knew that 'Tam Pepper' was a carpet bagger who never even had a pot to pee into, as is currently being alleged by Donald Findlay QC in an ongoing court case.

I don't see that there's any way King can sue Murray.

I don't believe that Sir David was duped any more than the next man but he had made it clear he wanted out for several years and it's clear he had had enough and made a wrong decision. But to suggest he was somehow duplicit in everything that has followed stretches credibility beyond breaking point.

SDM gave us the best Rangers team most of us have seen since the early 60's and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I would welcome him back with open arms.