RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

Welcome though today's news is I think it needs to be remembered we still might not be getting what we might expect from both PUMA & 32RED. In comparison to other clubs that is.

AFAIK PUMA is in its final year and it will be interesting to see what happens there. Does today's news now mean Rangers can deal direct with PUMA? Or a new supplier when the PUMA deal runs out?

I was very surprised, I have to say, to see the 32RED deal getting extended.

King mentioned that the SD deal is for 1year, which ties in with the Puma deal. They will monitor the deal & assess market accordingly.

Well, one should not be greedy, but wouldn't it be nice if the BTC is being found in OldCo's/BDO's favour now?

Looks like 2016/17 is a much better year off the field of play than it was on it, which was said a good 4 or 5 months back, BTW ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/21/rangers-ready-challenge-celtic-mike-ashley-surrenders-merchandising/

In his latest statements, King indicated that Ashley – who is seeking a buyer for all or part of his holding in Newcastle United might relinquish his 8.9% stake in Rangers. “I can't talk about that at the moment but I would expect an announcement on that fairly soon,” he said.

Ref strips Puma would have been unable to produce new strip in time so agreed with Rangers to go with old strip with a view to releasing a new second/third team strip in coming months.

Yes but BD makes a good point about registering the said 2nd/3rd strips.

That's crap. This season, of all seasons would be the ideal time for a new strip. Are they just using up old stock?

Yeah, they have a shed load of last years strips which will make the club plenty.

I'm looking forward to seeing fat 40+ blokes walking round supermarkets and pushing prams in Sauchiehall Street with immaculate Royal Blue Rangers shirts on emblazoned with those 5 stars, it'll be rather refreshing and a welcome development to seeing only fat 40+ filthy dumb ratbags wearing that horrible rag of green and grey.

Yeah, they have a shed load of last years strips which will make the club plenty.

I'm looking forward to seeing fat 40+ blokes walking round supermarkets and pushing prams in Sauchiehall Street with immaculate Royal Blue Rangers shirts on emblazoned with those 5 stars, it'll be rather refreshing and a welcome development to seeing only fat 40+ filthy dumb ratbags wearing that horrible rag of green and grey.

There was a couple on my flight to Puerto Vallarta; wearing the his and hers versions, I saw them several more times around the town; probably never took them off.