No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

Reading this would make you think Progres made short work of us and we did not hit the post and bar three times in the second game.

What is unreasonable is the close to hysteria-like reaction about games that happened with mostly half-fit and not so long ago deemed unworthy players ... quite a few of whom will not see a first team starting slot for quite some time. PC's ability is called into question when how many, 6 out of his 9 new players have not started the first game, same with the second? He get no time whatsoever to get his new squad playing a few games together ... and some won't probably forgive him unless he beats the Scum 4 times this season. That is what I - IMHO - call unreasonable.

der Berliner, the fourth best team in Luxembourg! Fourth!! Not even the best side. If only you got points for hitting the post and the bar, eh? We scored one goal over 180 minutes against a side of part-timers dB, you can make your excuses in a one off match, perhaps, but not over two legs. Someone in the other thread mentioned Advocaat's first match against the Irish side. See, in that match we were losing badly at half time, again it was early in the summer, that side had not only not played together much but Advocaat had never managed them in a game that counted before, unlike Pedro he didn't get a few months to learn and plot and plan. So at half time Advocaat changed his side, changed formation, moved players about, saw how the Irish were playing and adjusted his team and tactics so that Rangers, the full-time side, ran out comfortable winners in the end. Tell me again about how PC didn't have time to prepare for this match? How long does he need to prepare a team capable of beating the side that finished more than 20 points behind the winners of the Luxembourg league?

If our players are "half-fit" then that alone should see PC get fired. Why are our players only half fit for the first match of the season? There can be no excuse for that, that's simply not doing the very basics of his job.

PC's ability is questioned because he's presided over two of the most humiliating results in over a century of playing football. You really think that's unreasonable?

der Berliner, the fourth best team in Luxembourg! Fourth!! Not even the best side. If only you got points for hitting the post and the bar, eh? We scored one goal over 180 minutes against a side of part-timers dB, you can make your excuses in a one off match, perhaps, but not over two legs. Someone in the other thread mentioned Advocaat's first match against the Irish side. See, in that match we were losing badly at half time, again it was early in the summer, that side had not only not played together much but Advocaat had never managed them in a game that counted before, unlike Pedro he didn't get a few months to learn and plot and plan. So at half time Advocaat changed his side, changed formation, moved players about, saw how the Irish were playing and adjusted his team and tactics so that Rangers, the full-time side, ran out comfortable winners in the end. Tell me again about how PC didn't have time to prepare for this match? How long does he need to prepare a team capable of beating the side that finished more than 20 points behind the winners of the Luxembourg league?

If our players are "half-fit" then that alone should see PC get fired. Why are our players only half fit for the first match of the season? There can be no excuse for that, that's simply not doing the very basics of his job.

PC's ability is questioned because he's presided over two of the most humiliating results in over a century of playing football. You really think that's unreasonable?

Better managers have had worse starts.

Let's reassess the situation as we go in to the first Old Firm game.

Regarding 'big Eck' Craig Moore used to hang out in Hamilton a lot during his time at Rangers and during the tenure of Eck. I spoke to Craig on a few occasions and the best he had to say about Eck was that he was a lucky manager.

Who? Who has had a worse start than this?

Freak results happen. You think anyone would have predicted an unbeaten domestic season for them after this?

[video=youtube;L9FUNt-jSHY]

Freak results happen. You think anyone would have predicted an unbeaten domestic season for them after this?

[video=youtube;L9FUNt-jSHY]

They bloody qualified JFK, we got put out. Freak results do happen, but not over two legs they don't. And you're not seriously suggesting we'll go the rest of the season unbeaten, are you? I'll be astonished if we make it through August unbeaten.

They bloody qualified JFK, we got put out. Freak results do happen, but not over two legs they don't. And you're not seriously suggesting we'll go the rest of the season unbeaten, are you? I'll be astonished if we make it through August unbeaten.

Quite right. The fact it was over two legs is inexcusable. I was at Berwick and I'm sure I remember Davie Wilson breaking his leg in a goalmouth scramble. Pity our players didn't show that commitment last week.

I'm not suggesting we will be unbeaten, I don't know yet and that's the point. The question was do you think anyone would have predicted an unbeaten season for them after that?

As for us what I am suggesting is that the gloom and doom over this freak result is all fine regarding the loss of Euro income but at this stage meaningless regarding the prospects for our upcoming season.

One thing that does need to happen is the urgency of the final 10 minutes has to be on display from the first minute of every match. If they had played the entire match like they did those final 10 minutes it would have been an entirely different result.

I'm hoping that in the dressing room the manager will address that lack of urgency until disaster loomed and the likes of Alves deal with it on the park.

I'm not suggesting we will be unbeaten, I don't know yet and that's the point. The question was do you think anyone would have predicted an unbeaten season for them after that?

As for us what I am suggesting is that the gloom and doom over this freak result is all fine regarding the loss of Euro income but at this stage meaningless regarding the prospects for our upcoming season.

One thing that does need to happen is the urgency of the final 10 minutes has to be on display from the first minute of every match. If they had played the entire match like they did those final 10 minutes it would have been an entirely different result.

I'm hoping that in the dressing room the manager will address that lack of urgency until disaster loomed and the likes of Alves deal with it on the park.

Meaningless? He's shown himself unable to read a match, exert no influence on one as it plays out and unable to motivate a side to improve their performance against the same side the following week. Twice. It's not meaningless it was a less than subtle reminder that the hammering we received from Celtic wasn't a one off. Actually, it was meaningless if we choose to ignore it.