[FT] Rangers 1 (Kranjcar 75) - 1 Marseille

While I dont get too upset with pre-season defeats, I dont get too excited with what on paper looks an excellant draw against the French side. OM looked well short of fitness and sharpness but we looked much sharper than we have done previously, and that is exactly what I want to see from pre-season - every game sees an improvement in sharpness and fitness.

We still look toothless up front, wasteful in wide positions, and seriously dodgy without Alves in defence (any chance he plays 40+ games this season at 35?) but the result and wasted chances dont go into the record books, the real stuff is still 2 weeks away and we will have one more "live" game at Sheffield next week and probably another couple of closed door bounce games to allow us to work on the many areas we need to work on before we go to Fir Park.

As in both Progres games but especially the home tie, when play goes through Nico we look good, when it doesnt we look , well, not so good.

A much improved performance from Candeias today, quiet games from Jack and Dorrans, Miller as frustratingly wasteful in possession as always and both strikers that played didnt have much to work with although both looked busier, Morelos should have buried the rebound from his rocket shot.

It looked like we got a good workout, nobody got injured, and we might even have got a wee confidence booster from holding a better side than us to a draw. Onwards and upwards bears!

that was a good workout and we look rather decent with these players. I would have liked Herrera and Morelos up front together, but given the opposition I agree to the more packed midfield. In Scotland we'll face different teams though, parked busses, crunching challenges ... and then different formations may be applied.

I'm pleased with that performance. Marseille probably not at the races, but they are a quality side - Lyon put 4 past Celtic last week - and we didn't look out of place.

I'd like to see more clear-cut chances, though; hopefully that will come.

I didnt know that - Tom Miller was waxing lyrical in his own unique style about us holding a good French team unlike last week when another good french team came to Glasgow and I hadnt a clue what he was on about!

Marseille got stronger the longer he game went on but I'm really glad we equalised as we deserved a draw.

Lots of positives to take from that so let's concentrate on those for the next few days for a change.

plenty of positives from today but would prefer people just said what they think instead of what people would prefer to hear them say.

I didnt know that - Tom Miller was waxing lyrical in his own unique style about us holding a good French team unlike last week when another good french team came to Glasgow and I hadnt a clue what he was on about!

Olympique Lyon horsed the Yahoos 4-0 last Saturday, though it has to be said that none of the players who played for the unwashed the night before in Belfast made an appearance. Didn't stop the mhedia to laud Celtic's young guns for a "briliant display" and Rodgers being "satisfied with the performance".

Edited by der Berliner

That was a really good game both teams were out for a win . At last we have the makings of a defence a long time since i thought that . The problem is someone to put the ball in the net .

Any way i am happy with this performance .