[FT] Rangers 1 (Kranjcar 75) - 1 Marseille

I was disappointed with Pena, as other than the wee nutmeg he's been anonymous; but to be fair to the lad, we've been on the defensive since he came on so there wasn't much opportunity for him.

Marseille got stronger the longer he game went on but I'm really glad we equalised as we deserved a draw.

Lots of positives to take from that so let's concentrate on those for the next few days for a change.

At the final whistle its been a fair enough display... a few areas we need to improve in fitness wise but the team looks to be combining well and gaining a bit of understanding. I prefer us when we are pressing high but when we drop off a bit we leave the opposition a bit of space to spray the ball around.

I'm pleased with that performance. Marseille probably not at the races, but they are a quality side - Lyon put 4 past Celtic last week - and we didn't look out of place.

I'd like to see more clear-cut chances, though; hopefully that will come.

Edited by Rousseau

Marseille got stronger the longer he game went on but I'm really glad we equalised as we deserved a draw.

Lots of positives to take from that so let's concentrate on those for the next few days for a change.

Isn't that against the rules? ;)

Impressed with that display, they are a good way ahead of us, crisp passing and movement, plus they have been together i imagine for a few seasons and it shows. Hopefully in a few weeks or so we will firing on all cylinders, we closed them down well as they would have ran riot if we hadn't, good lesson today. I'm more happy now that i can see signs of improvement and the new guys look solid.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Impressed with that display, they are a good way ahead of us, crisp passing and movement, plus they have been together i imagine for a few seasons and it shows. Hopefully in a weeks or so we will firing on all cylinders, we closed them down well as they would have ran riot if we hadn't, good lesson today. I'm more happy now that i can see signs of improvement and the new guys look solid.

The core of their team has been but like us they have 4-5 new signings that they are trying to bed in too. mind you there is no doubt they are a good team.