Rangers 0 - 0 Hearts

One minor gripe (apart from not winning); I wish the announcer would take the time to learn name prinounciations. Peña was said as "Peena". Come on!

How is is supposed to sound?? I was also guessing Pee-na.

However his name is pronounced -and I'm guessing Pehnya, or Peynya- I think that he is the key player for PC.

The problem is that he came here with a lot of extraneous baggage, related to lifestyle, and there was some quite heated argument on these boards about his signing. Without these issues, I suspect he would never have been anywhere near Ibrox, and certainly not at the price.

He looks overweight, and, clearly, he is not match fit. The questions are what, and how long, will it take to get him up to scratch? Let's hope he will start matches sooner rather than later.

I don't think we know what we want. A few games ago Kranjcar was 'our best player', Dorrans was a player, Windass was 'unplayable', Miller 'does the job', 'we need Wallace back', Candeias was rapid, and now they are all pish? Even the formation-debate has gone full-circle; we wanted away from the 4-3-3 because it wasn't working and we didn't have the players for it. Now the 4-4-2 is not working because we don't have 'control'? We were crying out for crosses into the box, and now that we have them we don't want them? The same thing happens with any player that has been out for any length of time: we hang our hopes on them. I don't think we know what we want; besides winning - and I don't think any of us know what it will take, because we've never been in a situation like this.

I thought we controlled that game; both in terms of possession and territory, and our defensive stability is very good - something that wouldn't have happened under MW. We are missing a bit of creativity from midfield. I think Pena is the player - in the sense that he seems to be that box-to-box type - but he's not ready. I've not been too fussed about Walker, and yesterday didn't change my mind, however we didn't allow him or Hearts into the game. We need someone to beat a player, and take up positions between the lines. Walker has the pace and dynamism for it, and can take a shot.

I thought Windass was our main attacking option, until he got injured - really sore one. He was ripping that FB to shreads. I wanted us to take advantage of his yellow card, but as Windass was struggling, we didn't actually have anyone else on the bench to run at the kid - Dodoo wasn't on the bench was he?

The positive for me was we dominated that game. And, it was pleasing to see Hardie get a run out - good movement and he knows where the goal is!

Edited by Rousseau

You have a point mate. The debate will never go away after Europe and it was imperative we got a good start. 6 or 7 points was minimum from opening 3 games. As such I dont see a clear direction.

Im looking at Cardiff and seeing how good Neil Warnock is doing. He has a winning mentality and just gets results - which is exactly what we need to be doing at the moment.

To be honest, but for Beaton we probably would be sitting on 7 points.

John Souttar hit the crossbar for Hearts as they held Pedro Caixinha's side to a draw.

Rangers' Alfredo Morelos had a goal disallowed for offside while Bruno Alves' header was cleared off the line, and team-mate Kenny Miller was denied by Hearts goalkeeper Jack Hamilton before the break.

"We had a couple of opportunities," said Daly. "We lacked a bit of composure, but I can't fault the work rate and effort of the players."I don't think we did enough to win the game but I don't think we deserved to lose it. We forced them into the areas where we were quite comfortable. I don't remember our goalkeeper Jack Hamilton having a lot to do."

From the BBC, that about sums up the match!

I thought we controlled that game; both in terms of possession and territory, and our defensive stability is very good - something that wouldn't have happened under MW. We are missing a bit of creativity from midfield. I think Pena is the player - in the sense that he seems to be that box-to-box type - but he's not ready. I've not been too fussed about Walker, and yesterday didn't change my mind, however we didn't allow him or Hearts into the game. We need someone to beat a player, and take up positions between the lines. Walker has the pace and dynamism for it, and can take a shot.

I thought Windass was our main attacking option, until he got injured - really sore one. He was ripping that FB to shreads. I wanted us to take advantage of his yellow card, but as Windass was struggling, we didn't actually have anyone else on the bench to run at the kid - Dodoo wasn't on the bench was he?

The positive for me was we dominated that game.

I agree with all of this.

The frustration comes from a few obvious sources though. Mostly because these are matches that we should really be winning. We were prevented by the referee in the last match. In this match we were not good enough to break down the Hearts defence and we should have been.

As you correctly point out Windass was far better than his opponent again. I don't know why he is being criticised this year. If there is any criticism from yesterday it is the decision to keep Miller on. I think that started to hinder the performance of other parts of the team. Wallace for example.

I don't think we know what we want. A few games ago Kranjcar was 'our best player', Dorrans was a player, Windass was 'unplayable', Miller 'does the job', 'we need Wallace back', Candeias was rapid, and now they are all pish? Even the formation-debate has gone full-circle; we wanted away from the 4-3-3 because it wasn't working and we didn't have the players for it. Now the 4-4-2 is not working because we don't have 'control'? We were crying out for crosses into the box, and now that we have them we don't want them? The same thing happens with any player that has been out for any length of time: we hang our hopes on them. I don't think we know what we want; besides winning - and I don't think any of us know what it will take, because we've never been in a situation like this.

The positive for me was we dominated that game. And, it was pleasing to see Hardie get a run out - good movement and he knows where the goal is!

we need to learn when patience is required and when its not as a support. Youth players should not get the same abuse as top earners, formations and tactics should not be dropped because of one draw when you have scored in all the previous games etc.

At the end of the day second is the top aim this year, yet many are moaning because we are falling behind celtic and saying they will gub us etc. None of that has anything to do with getting second place and is completely irrelevant to our goals, but they just cant see past celtic.

We completely out played hibs and held them 1-1 in the second half with PC's tactics yet most were moaning we should have parked the bus and he didn't have a clue!!

We completely out played hearts but failed to score, we all know Pena is to come in and also Herrera plus we have stated we are still looking for additions yet you would think we are completely doomed. So far we have played what for me is our boogey team in motherwell and won, got cheated in the hibs game we completely dominated and then drew with hearts in a game we should have won by a margin, thats pretty much got second place written all over it.

Get KM some balance and awareness and we would have won comfortably yesterday.

Our fans are murder its as simple as that we have went from being an asset to being a hindrance. We need to calm down and stop reacting to everything celtic do.

The signs are good with Pedro(tin hat on) he has sorted the defence even if people want to consider games where we are a man down, have a forward in morelos that is pretty much the strongest i have seen holding up the ball since Mols, the best midfield in years especially when taking in how rounded it is, hes also got tav back scoring which is huge, the tempo bar yesterday and the pressing is some of the best i have seen at Ibrox and slowly but surely you can see the confidence returning. On top of that we look like making massive returns on the outlay. Cordoso could demand a huge fee and morelos looks way better then the likes of waghorn so should bring in a fee higher than a £1m those two alone should see us make profit on his whole outlay. Thats just great business. If he gets second spot this season he has done everything wished of him yet he will probably be sacked because of our fans lack of foresight and patience.

On top of that Candiase's first touch should have a thread of its own! superb control, something we have not seen much of over the last few years either.

Teams dont just see out difficult games with narrow wins they learn it through time, we just dont seem to understand these things as a support. Bit like a spoiled child really.

Edited by trublusince1982