[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

Drop Kenny Miller & there will be an immediate improvement.

That may sound harsh but that's my opinion after watching a few games this season.

And Lee Wallace needs to up his game too. My first impressions of DJ is he looks a far better player

Agree on Miller but not on John. They were having a party down that right side.

A goalkeeper cannot stop people turning their backs in a wall. Tav may not have been brilliant at the 2nd goal but their were 2 players totally free. he cannot mark 2 at a time.

Tav didn't mark one never mind two.

Goalies organise walls. It's one of the most basic responsibilities in football.

Alves has achieved more in his career than the rest of our team put together btw. Yes we need to bind in the wall and we needed 2 more players in that wall. You could see the wall was inadequate before he hit the ball. The goalie needs to make sure everyone knows he is responsible and that wall was rubbish before the shot!

We are also just not good enough defensively in the wide positions. That is the core problem. We go forward and lose the ball and get caught out. If we don't have the players to play the system then it's not going to work.

I know Tav is getting abuse again and I'm not really sure why tonight? I think he and candeias have a decent thing going. They overlap and dove tail well at the back and going forward. I feel we are much stronger there now.

The majority that was dangerous came down the right flank. They realised John was the weak link and went for him.

A chance to go top of the league and apply a bit of pressure on Celtic blown. That was as comfortable a first 45 minutes as we are likely to get away from home this season and the game should've been done. Even after we scored, Partick done nothing, but then we never really kicked on either. Pedro has to know they are going to come out and have a bit of a go after half time but it looked like it caught us by surprise and even then we still didn't wake up after they equalised. The referee had a shocker but he didn't really have any impact on the result again. We were awful in that second half. After Miller went off (deservedly) we had no shape whatsoever and it all seemed a bit make it up as we go.

We are 6 games into the league having played a fair few cup games as well. Why are Pena, Herrera, Niko and Rossiter not fit? Im baffled with the two Mexicans. Pena gets into decent enough positions but his basic passing is atrocious. That's not a fitness issue. Herrera is a waste of a jersey. I'd rather we brought on Hardie for him. If we play either of those two against Celtic we'll get a doing.

Wallace picking up injuries again, I really think we need to re think our captain in January. Declan John looked ok going forward but was missing on several occasions defending. Suppose it mirrors Tav on the other side.

I like Jack and Dorrans but I don't think the two of them is enough in the middle and we can be easily over run in the middle. I'd try Jack and Rossiter with Dorrans slightly further forward on Tuesday with the idea of going with that next Sat. Dorrans in behind Morelos could work against them with him dropping deep when we need him. Windass and Candyass on the flanks. Kenny Miller seems to be struggling and i'll be surprised if he lasts the season, I think he has a part to play but it looks like it could be 1 year too many for Kenny as a starter.

I read on twitter so im not sure how true it is but apparently we've faced 11 shots on target in the league and have conceded 8 goals. That's unacceptable if its true and our defence needs tightening up.

That all seems fairly negative but I don't actually think we are too far away from being a good side. Naismith would've been a no brainer alongside Morelos and maybe we should look at that in jan. We need a bit of strength in depth as when Pedro tried to change the game last night he just didn't have the personnel to make the difference. Our team could do with a bit more heart as well. I wonder how many of them are still hurting from not getting the 3 points last night and the incentive to go top next week by beating Celtic at Ibrox