Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I think some of the media forget that Rangers actually have some moral standards when selecting managers. Lennon doesn't even come close to those standards

I don't think he's a good enough manager for us, but if he was I'd have no problem with it. Don't care about the baggage

Why would colinstein say something like this?

Does he not remember all the abuse that Lennon gave us while celebrating a goal at Ibrox?

Why would colinstein say something like this?

Does he not remember all the abuse that Lennon gave us while celebrating a goal at Ibrox?

I remember Mo blessing himself after getting sent off while playing against Rangers. He didn't do it because he was particularly religious. He did it because he was a scumbag. Yes I celebrated when he scored for us. I did it wearing the same scarf I'd worn for years too. But it didn't stop me regarding him as a scumbag.

Lennon takes scumbagedness to a whole deeper level. That is one maggot I'd give football up for good if he was ever even seriously linked with us.

There's as much chance of Lennon becoming Rangers manager as there is of Gerry Adams becoming grand master of the orange order. In two words, no chance. Let's stick to discussing realistic possibilities.

Edited by JFK-1

Do you know what pedro has won as manager and assistant and are at it or are you showing genuine ignorance?

I know what he didn't win; any matches against Celtic, a League Cup semi final against Motherwell, and a qualifying round 1 Europa League stage against Progres. You can start the 'bring back Pedro' campaign if you want mate.

Snatched from FF who snatched it from his twitter account (I did not verify this):

Andy Devlin (Kings to go man) he broke the board meeting last week and Pedros sacking first.

He’s replied to a few messages on twitter this morning.

“McInnes is the man they want“ and when asked if the international break was a likely time frame to get an appointment “Think they’d like someone in sooner than that”

Edited by der Berliner

Derek McInnes may or may not become the next manager of Rangers but he's clearly one of the favourites to do so. With that in mind, is it entirely in the best interests of Rangers to be promoting quite so much negativity at this stage, before he or anyone else has even started the job? Or is doom-mongering the new Rangers tradition?

I think people are just desperate to get the right man and in today's 24 hour news/sport cycle, that discussion is going to be top of the agenda for a while. As such every single aspect of the guy is going to be debated - good and bad.

I can't say I'm all that inspired by McInnes but I can see why he's perhaps the preferred candidate. I wasn't inspired by big Eck after Advocaat and Walter Smith (after both Souness and PLG) so perhaps we need such pragmatism over pomposity.