Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Apart from 1 year I’m the championship our football has been brutal for the best part of a decade. But I’d rather be brutal and stop them than play great and win nothing.

For now I agree! However, I can't see DM beating them.

For now I agree! However, I can't see DM beating them.

Until we get serious money we won't , football isn't really rocket science , we have spent approx £700,000 per player per position on this team , Celtic have spent approx £2.5 million per position ( that's the total spend including flops ) over the last 5 or 6 years . Very very rarely does a lower spending team win over the course of a season. Leicester is the only one that springs to mind and they were a one off freak .

Rangers' manager search expected to stretch into next week

Last Updated: 08/11/17 7:39pm

Rangers' search for a new manager appears likely to stretch into at least the beginning of next week.

Sky Sports News understands Director of Football Mark Allen has drawn up a shortlist of candidates for the board to consider and that process is ongoing.

Derek McInnes heads that shortlist, but neither he nor Aberdeen have yet received an approach from Rangers about the job.

Feyenoord manager Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, former Club Brugge manager Michel Preud'homme and former England boss Steve McClaren have all been linked with the role but none of those individuals are being considered by Allen, according to Sky sources.

Graeme Murty, the club's head development squad coach, has been installed as interim manager following the sacking of Pedro Caixinha after only seven months at Ibrox.

In his two matches in charge, Murty has led Rangers to a 3-1 victory at Hearts and a 3-0 win over Partick Thistle and is expected to remain in charge for the visit of Hamilton Academical on Saturday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11118962/rangers-manager-search-expected-to-stretch-into-next-week?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Rangers' search for a new manager appears likely to stretch into at least the beginning of next week.

Sky Sports News understands Director of Football Mark Allen has drawn up a shortlist of candidates for the board to consider and that process is ongoing.

Derek McInnes heads that shortlist, but neither he nor Aberdeen have yet received an approach from Rangers about the job.

Feyenoord manager Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, former Club Brugge manager Michel Preud'homme and former England boss Steve McClaren have all been linked with the role but none of those individuals are being considered by Allen, according to Sky sources.

Graeme Murty, the club's head development squad coach, has been installed as interim manager following the sacking of Pedro Caixinha after only seven months at Ibrox.

In his two matches in charge, Murty has led Rangers to a 3-1 victory at Hearts and a 3-0 win over Partick Thistle and is expected to remain in charge for the visit of Hamilton Academical on Saturday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11118962/rangers-manager-search-expected-to-stretch-into-next-week?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I hope they mean Saturday + a week.

At to laugh @ Clyde SSB the other night....

Making a big issue about McInness being unsettled by all the Gers manager talk, but somehow managing to argue that it's a different situation compared to one team talking about another player.

What REALLY made me laugh was that they were putting ALL the blame onto Rangers for dragging the whole scenario out & how unfair it was on DM. They were totally baffled by the fact that neither DM or Aberdeen have been approached by RFC.

All big, bad Rangers fault, even though they haven't actually said anything about DM or anyone else.

They also didn't grasp that one possible reason as to why DM/Aberdeen hadn't been approached was that maybe RFC didn't want him & had other targets....

At to laugh @ Clyde SSB the other night....

Making a big issue about McInness being unsettled by all the Gers manager talk, but somehow managing to argue that it's a different situation compared to one team talking about another player.

What REALLY made me laugh was that they were putting ALL the blame onto Rangers for dragging the whole scenario out & how unfair it was on DM. They were totally baffled by the fact that neither DM or Aberdeen have been approached by RFC.

All big, bad Rangers fault, even though they haven't actually said anything about DM or anyone else.

They also didn't grasp that one possible reason as to why DM/Aberdeen hadn't been approached was that maybe RFC didn't want him & had other targets....

The mental gymnastics is not really a surprise. Which is why dipping into SSB is fine for a few minutes at most, before the stupidity of the panel kicks in and you are ready to crash the car rather that listen any more.

I mean, do they expect us to approach Aberdeen before we've gone through a process and interviewed other candidates? We don't do that unless he is the man we want.

Sky sports are about a week behind when it comes to Scottish football.

The mental gymnastics is not really a surprise. Which is why dipping into SSB is fine for a few minutes at most, before the stupidity of the panel kicks in and you are ready to crash the car rather that listen any more.

I mean, do they expect us to approach Aberdeen before we've gone through a process and interviewed other candidates? We don't do that unless he is the man we want.

The thing they didn't get is that if DM is unsettled, it's 100% due to the media & radio phone ins....