Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Again i'm not campaigning for McInnes in any way but somewhat puzzled that he is a poor manager for failing to beat us over two games. Am I the only one who thinks we have a very good side in SPL terms?

I said in here almost from the beginning that I didn't expect to see the best of this team until into the second quarter and it may simply be the case that they have now gelled and are beginning to hit their stride. That being the case any team outside one would be very fortunate to beat us.

We all talked about the money that had been spent and how we should be dominating almost every team then when we start doing that McInnes is somehow to blame for us being better than the sheep? I don't get it.

I think the point is that while we have good enough players to finish above Aberdeen, for one and a half seasons we were below - which should have been partly to his credit. That he is well beaten twice and overtaken into second, by an under 20 coach who still can't imbue the same players with any level of consistency, is not a good endorsement of his ability to punch a wee bit above his weight, which is what we need.

We all know that a 3yr contract means absolutely nothing - I would put money on PC & MW both being on 3yr contracts....if ANY manager isn't achieving the desired results, then they will be canned.

The 1st step should be finding the best possible replacement.....the 2nd step is finding out if he'll come to RFC....the final step is whether we can meet their personal & contractual demands/requirements.

DK stated that funds would be available to the new manager....they need to ask themselves if it is worthwhile using some of those funds in order to get the best person - I don't think it should be negotiable. The Board have to pull out ALL the stops in order to get the best possible candidate in place. DK has also stated that they weren't overly impressed by any of the freely available managers that applied. That would infer that compensation will be required to lure someone away from a current position & that they are MAKING funds available to do this. The Board should also be stipulating that they expect the new boss to work with what he has, given the level of investment/spending. Depending on those results, further funds can be released.

Any new appointment is a gamble, but given the Boards time scale, they have sought to reduce the odds. DM is somewhat of a known entity, and I'm sure he will cement us into a firm 2n place - how many fans would be happy with that?? I don't believe his ability to solidify 2nd place is the issue in question - most fans would agree that that should be easily achievable - but the ability to actually progress the team into a much more dominant force, is of a much greater concern - far too many believe that DM doesn't have the skill set to do that.

Some fans are living in a selective and simplistic dream world where they essentially put a few million of other peoples money on a 25/1 shot.

Edited by buster.

Some fans are living in a selective and simplistic dream world where they essentially put a few million of other peoples money on a 25/1 shot.

so your judging the best candidate for Manager on the Bookies odds??? I only hope that the Board are not following your selection process.

This is a MAJOR appointment for the club. The Board should be doing everything in it power to bring in the best possible candidate. Bringing in a lesser candidate in order to save a few ££'s is NOT the way forward.

If Mourhino or Guardiola stated that they were interested in the job, would you advise the Board not to speak to them coz, A: the bookies odds were too long and B: we couldn't afford them anyway??? The answer would be No...you speak to them and see if a deal can be reached (one way or another).

I think a lot of the support or acceptance of McInnes as manager seems to depend on their consideration of who is "realistic".

If we all thought that some of the names that have more exotic CVs than McInnes were impossible, then we'd probably all agree or it would be about him and one or two others similar in stature.

Maybe I was a tad optimistic in landing a de Boer or Laudrup.

Edited by calscot

Is there no news today then? It isn't half dragging on. Mind you, if we keep playing like we did against the sheep, it might not be such a bad thing.

Trouble is I have no confidence that the group of players we have will continue with the same commitment they have shown against Aberdeen.

Interesting point some are making that Aberdeen finished 2nd in a league without Hearts, Hibs & Dundee Utd as well as us. But there is another way of looking at it. Hearts, Hibs & United had similar budgets to Aberdeen & got relegated because of crap managers. The same thing could have happened to Aberdeen, but instead McInnes guided them to second. It was not a foregone conclusion.

Now I had hoped we would’ve made an official move today but it seems we’re still waiting. So maybe everybody is barking up the wrong tree anyway. Wouldn’t be the first time..

Interesting point some are making that Aberdeen finished 2nd in a league without Hearts, Hibs & Dundee Utd as well as us. But there is another way of looking at it. Hearts, Hibs & United had similar budgets to Aberdeen & got relegated because of crap managers. The same thing could have happened to Aberdeen, but instead McInnes guided them to second. It was not a foregone conclusion.

Now I had hoped we would’ve made an official move today but it seems we’re still waiting. So maybe everybody is barking up the wrong tree anyway. Wouldn’t be the first time..

The way I see it is all those teams are crap and how they do should be of little consequence to us. What McInnes has done in his career doesn't really impress me, but he shall get my full backing regardless.