Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Some of us think something more sinister is afoot. Some don't.

Those that don't, don't seem to have much of an explanation for the turmoil we've encountered, the press being largely against us and the bombardment of hatred we face....or the referees never giving us the benefit of the doubt.

I don think that there is "something" wrong with the way we are viewed as a team.....but I don't believe it stems from religion or unionism. I do believe it stems from jealousy.

I think in the case of the Refs, the situation is actually wider than just us, but we do appear to be on the end of some seriously gobsmacking decision - That needs to be investigated by the Refereeing authorities.

A referee worked with me back in the late60/70s and when officiating at a Celtic game he would give them nothing I asked him why he said because I am a bluenose ,no your not I said your a stinking bigot .

The majority of the MSPs asked, responded they didn't follow football. 7 followed Ceptic, 6 follow Aberdeen....that is out of 56 who responded.

The reason, I believe, that they don't like us isn't down to Politics, Nationalism or religion....It's jealousy. They don't like us being successful. They don't like the fact that we were demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish Football & were as strong as ever. They didn't like that we worked back up the league, to finish 3rd on our return to the top division. They don't like the level of unwavering support that the club has. They are jealous.....

Again, why are there (by that survey) 6x more Celtic fans than Rangers then?

Some of us think something more sinister is afoot. Some don't.

Those that don't, don't seem to have much of an explanation for the turmoil we've encountered, the press being largely against us and the bombardment of hatred we face....or the referees never giving us the benefit of the doubt.

Deny the obvious at all costs ... the truth might be upsetting to those striving to find a sanitised reality.

Again, why are there (by that survey) 6x more Celtic fans than Rangers then?

why is there considerably more Aberdeen fans than rangers (7x more Ceptic, 6x more Aberdeen).....maybe the polling company are in on the conspiracy and only got specific people to respond??

There are posters falling over themselves in this thread to demonstrate how staunch they are, how British they are and how loyal they are to the UK.

Thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However we've heard how Rangers are a loyalist pro unionist club, apropos of absolutely nothing, other than having many supporters who are loyalist and pro union. We've also been told that since the majority of our support are WASP that its more or less irrelevant that a section of our support are of varying ethnicities and creeds.

I've been supporting Rangers for more than half a century, in actual fact its 54 years to be exact, and I've seen good and bad times with my club. I've stood, latterly sat, on the same terraces these posters have with many different types of people of varying ethnicity and creeds some of them were even women (shock shock horror!) The one thing that united us all was our love for the team in blue, we were ALL Rangers supporters. It never once crossed my mind if David, Margaret, Jamel, Sageer or ANY OTHER next to me were male, female, gay, straight, Jewish, Muslim, Presbyterian, Loyalist or Unionist. It was irrelevant to me because we were ALL Rangers supporters.

Yet here we are in this thread relating to 'the nature of refereeing decisions' debating these political issues were some of the comments in this thread are more or less attempting to rob both me and future generations of Rangers supporters of the very same Rangers mission statement that I was brought up to believe in that as a club and a collective we were 'INCLUSIVE' open to ALL!

Yet here we are in this thread relating to 'the nature of refereeing decisions' debating these political issues were some of the comments in this thread are more or less attempting to rob both me and future generations of Rangers supporters of the very same Rangers mission statement that I was brought up to believe in that as a club and a collective we were 'INCLUSIVE' open to ALL!

No one is robbing you of anything.

I never heard about Rangers being "inclusive and open to all" until a couple of years ago (I've been a Rangers fan for over 30 years). Sounds like a made up new thing to me.

Good post Big Jaws. Hopefully we can now get back to the topic which I think was a good one in the beginning. Is there something worth investigating?

For me, I think the refereeing can be really poor at times. There are some terribly inconsistent decisions, but I don't ever see an end to that. I think the game is now so quick, and let's face it the players are better at conning the refs these days too. Being a ref is a tough job, but you just hope they do it to the best of their ability. I think the linesmen need to step up to plate more though and help out. Maybe there is also a case for using video evidence to punish players that were already 'punished' by refs. This rule of not being able to punish a player twice is ridiculous. If there is evidence that a player deserved a different (or no) punishment, surely we can use that to achieve justice.

That being said, there is that one refereeing performance against Hibs that shows there are people who are extremely biased (to say the least). That's the one person who needs to be investigated and reprimanded accordingly. That was a disgraceful example of someone trying (successfully) to manipulate the outcome of a match. As for the others, my opinion is that they are just poor decisions. In all my years of watching our games, that is the only one instance where I've felt it was deliberate so I don't think there is anything particularly sinister going on. What do you think?