The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Why is it we can refuse to buy the Record and the Sun, on the basis they're dishonest and disruptive, but can't help ourselves pouring over every word they print? Personally I'd never know what they were saying if it wasn't for reading it on here. It would suit me if there was a ban on linking or quoting these papers.

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why is it we can refuse to buy the Record and the Sun, on the basis they're dishonest and disruptive, but can't help ourselves pouring over every word they print? Personally I'd never know what they were saying if it wasn't for reading it on here. It would suit me if there was a ban on linking or quoting these papers.

Agreed.  Two Rangers hating rags.

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thing is ... someone has to check their lies, half-truths and defamation and keep track of it. Boldly just stating that they do the aforementioned without having evidence handy ain't that good an idea. And if only one or two chaps read these articles and post the text & links in here - for reference and to stop others handing them clicks - why bother?

Edited by der Berliner

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Thing is ... someone has to check their lies, half-truths and defamation and keep track of it. 

Why? If you don't read them you won't have any reason to check. I could live very happily without having any idea what lies they're printing.

All you do by scrutinising them is perpetuate the situation.

Edited by Bill

Graeme Murty planning further signings this month

Rangers manager Graeme Murty wants to make further additions to his squad before the transfer window closes. Murty has already signed defender Russell Martin, midfielders Sean Gossand Jamie Murphy and striker Jason Cummings this month.

Michael O'Halloran and Andy Halliday also returned from loan spells, but Murty has not finished his recruitment work. "I wouldn't say our business was completed as yet," he said.

"But I wouldn't like to say how many are maybe going out or coming in at this stage."

Rangers made contact with Hamilton Academical about midfielder Greg Docherty, although no deal has been agreed as yet, and had a bid for Kilmarnock's Jordan Jones rejected.

Mexican midfielder Carlos Pena has also left Rangers to return home on loan and join Cruz Azul, who are managed by former Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha.

"I am happy, the people who have come in have added, the guys who have come back in from their loan clubs have contributed as well and the atmosphere around the squad is really positive," Murty said.

"We have variety in our attack, we have more strength and depth in the attacking areas and also people who are hungry to come to a big club and push the group forward, which is always good.

"Now we have competition for places, which is always a fantastic headache for any manager to have.

"You don't want to bring too many in that you can disrupt the group, you don't want to bring too many in so that you are too heavy, but I would like to have options all over the pitch and I would like to have competitions."

Murty said the focus of this month's recruitment was on players who know Scottish football and understand the demands that come with playing for the Ibrox club.

Strength of character was also one of the attributes the manager and director of football Mark Allen prioritised.

"The first and only criteria as far as I am concerned is that they have to be a good player," Murty said.

"Then they have to add to what we already have and knowing the Scottish game or knowing the environment here was one of the things we talked about.

"They have to understand what it means to play at this football club, they have to have the character to go and perform on the biggest of stages.

"If you look at someone like Jason Cummings, he is a very confident guy who backs his own ability.

"He is not going to be someone who misses chances and then hides. He is going to want the ball all the time.

"Those are some of the things we look at and we try to add a mixture, so the mix within the group is positive. Business is ongoing."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42760154

12 hours ago, Bill said:

Why? If you don't read them you won't have any reason to check. I could live very happily without having any idea what lies they're printing.

All you do by scrutinising them is perpetuate the situation.

Methinks I said it quite often: ignore these lies and half-truth at your peril. Out there in the world will be people not as close to the matter as your everyday Rangers supporter, people who don't know the facts, people who will indeed look for facts, or simply quick information. And e.g. have these people use google to query for our recent history, the admin event and what came of it, and you will get tons of DR, Sun and indeed BBC Scotland articles going on about new club stuff, liquidated club stuff and the like.

We actually had a respected German sports TV production doing a short movie about us with a variety of media people as "consultants" and "experts" ... and their German colleguages had no real reason to disbelief them. And the whole tone and outline of that movie was: new club, no tradition but for 4 years (back then), pantomiming as the old club but actually fooling everyone and whatnot. As opposed to Scotland, German TV has impartial regulators and a regulating body. It took us a few days of work and some persistent pointing at the actual facts and the movie was deleted and removed from the "mediathek" too.

It is up to anyone to ignore the media, but that is IMHO very much like the dignified silence attitude that worked oh so well in years gone by. All it did was that the attacks became ever more fierce, the lies every bolder and the ranks of journos shaming our name every larger.

Rangers put £10million price tag on Alfredo Morelos as Graeme Murty targets more January deals

Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89 Group Senior Sports Writer
Alfredo Morelos

Alfredo Morelos

RANGERS will demand a fee of around £10million before they consider doing a deal for striker Alfredo Morelos.

The Colombian was a £1million recruit in the summer as Pedro Caixinha brought him to Ibrox on a three-year deal from HJK Helsinki.

And he has quickly become an integral part of the Light Blues side in recent months as he has netted 12 times in 25 appearances.

Morelos is top of the Premiership scoring charts with ten league goals to his credit and is in front of the likes of Moussa Dembele, Leigh Griffiths and Scott Sinclair in the rankings ahead of the return to top flight action in midweek.

A number of Championship clubs have been tracking the 21-year-old’s progress this term but Rangers won’t entertain any offer that doesn’t meet their valuation of one of their most important players.

Boss Graeme Murty has already added four new faces to his squad during the January transfer window and he remains in the market for more additions as he looks to bolster his ranks for the second half of the season.

Sean Goss and Jamie Murphy signed on loan from Queens Park Rangers and Brighton respectively before the Florida Cup matches against Atletico Mineiro and Corinithians, while Jason Cummings and Russell Martin arrived from Nottingham Forest and Norwich on deals until the end of the campaign last week.

Murty confirmed on Friday that he expects more moves in and out to be completed at Ibrox before the end of the month and Rangers remain in discussions with Hamilton over a move for Greg Docherty.

Accies rejected an initial bid for the midfielder, who was absent from Martin Canning’s side as they lost their Scottish Cup clash with Motherwell on Saturday.

Swansea and Millwall have also been credited with an interest in the 21-year-old but Rangers remain keen to finalise a deal to take him to Ibrox.

The Light Blues also had an approach for Kilmarnock winger Jordan Jones rebuffed last week as boss Steve Clarke insisted the offer was ‘nowhere near acceptable’.

And it is understood that Rangers have cooled in their interest in the Northern Irishman ahead of the final few days of business this month.

Murty has already allowed Carlos Pena to leave Ibrox and be reunited with Caixinha at Cruz Azul but it is defender Bruno Alves that could be the highest profile departure of the window as he considers a switch to Benevento.

The 36-year-old cast doubt over his Ibrox future last year after struggling for form and fitness following his arrival from Cagliari.

Alves is still recovering from the calf injury he sustained during the Old Firm clash at Parkhead and he could have played his final game for the Light Blues.

He agreed a two-year deal at Ibrox in the summer but Rangers are unlikely to stand in his way should he wish to cut short his time in Glasgow and return to Serie A as he bids for a place in the Portugal World Cup squad.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15887198.Rangers_put___10million_price_tag_on_Alfredo_Morelos_as_Graeme_Murty_targets_more_January_deals/

PSV sold Locadia to Brighton for 16 million euro's and I would put Morelos higher than him.