[FT] Celtic 0 - 0 Rangers

I don't care what anyone says I enjoyed that performance today. Yip Kranjcar was slow and struggled to meet the pace but every other player fought, harried and looked like they cared and that'll do for me. At this stage I'll accept players showing passion and working hard, if we can get that the rest can be worked on.

Credit to Murty he got his tactics right. We created chances and we matched them all over the pitch and few other Scottish sides have managed that in recent years. Special mention for McCrorie, he's 19 years old and a centre half and was the best midfielder on the park today. Happy New Year everyone, I might have had a glass or two already today.

I suspect Krancjar was started because Murty was hoping he would get on the ball, make a telling pass and add creativity. This didn't really happen, but looking at our bench there did not appear to be any replacements who could fulfil this role although someone like Barjonas might have added more energy but not until the end did we seem to be lacking in this department.

I don't know how anyone could pick Krancjar over Barjonas from what we've seen in the past few weeks, especially against the 4th best player in the world. The kid has real energy and intensity in his play. I was hoping Murty would be quite biased towards the youngsters, but not quite yet.

Not read all the posts yet but just thought I would add my tuppence worth since I am actually half sober after it for once..

I was proud of that performance. We could very easily have nicked it and I don't think they would have come back if we had gone in front early in the second half.

On a side note I dont know the injury situation but bitterly disappointed with the Alves situation today. I hope he leaves in January

Was out working all day, my son had it on an app on his phone, didn't see much of it apart from the Morelos miss and the Tav save by Gordon. It looked like a fighting performance from the Gers today, let's hope they take this standard forward to our next few games.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I don't know how anyone could pick Krancjar over Barjonas from what we've seen in the past few weeks, especially against the 4th best player in the world. The kid has real energy and intensity in his play. I was hoping Murty would be quite biased towards the youngsters, but not quite yet.

I think with picking Barjonas we would have had 3 deep lying midfielders and Morelos would have been stranded on a desert island. Pena would have been the better option I think. I watched Pena in his goal of the month video and today he did it as well in stroking a ball with the perfect weight without even looking like he kicked it. We definately needed a player in that advanced midfield role though and I don't think that is Barjonas's thing, so I see why he picked Kranjcar.

Would have bitten your hand off for a 0 - 0 before lick off but left the Piggery feeling like we dropped two points.

Sums it up perfectly for me. Couldn't watch the first half as I was driving to the the in-laws. Second half was a strong performance and plenty of Rangers teams have come away with a win from the Piggery having created far less. We just needed one chance to stick. Bit gutted but happy with the effort and commitment that the players put in and the way our manager outmanaged the supposedly mighty Brenda. We have to build on this.