Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

For a club that we’re continually reminded is dead or at least trailing in Celtic’s wake, we seem to have acquired considerably higher status after yesterday’s game. The Celtic manager, players and fans are celebrating a narrow win against Rangers like they’d beaten a combined Real Madrid/Barcelona select. Their media chums are only emphasising this on their back pages with tales of glory and mighty deeds. 

Surely all this triumphalism isn’t because they edged a narrow win over lowly Sevco? ? My how our stock has risen. They know. 

I reckon the media is full of praise for that monumental win, secured by their PSG-loanee (rated 7m). Our sub will cost us 1/10th of that ...

Immoderateness sure does run deep in their veins. It was indeed a giant step to secure a title. We'll have to wait and see how we and they react in the coming weeks. All we can do is try to win all of our games now. Putting one over them in the Cup Semi would be scant satisfaction for yesterday, but it would be a start.

BTW, have they appealed the red card by now?

On the contrary, if I had been told before yesterday's game that we could win only once against Celtic this season, I would have gone for a win in the Scottish cup. It's by far our best chance of a trophy this season 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

On the contrary, if I had been told before yesterday's game that we could win only once against Celtic this season, I would have gone for a win in the Scottish cup. It's by far our best chance of a trophy this season 

...and will do more "damage" to them by preventing back-to-back trebles.

For me the match mirrored what we used to do to them in the 90's and 00's.

Sides evenly matched apart from one or two class players the likes of Laudrup, Gascoigne, DeBoer, Goram etc supplying that one moment of magic that would win matches. 

Pictures of Scott Brown and the likes celebrating at Ibrox being hung up in the dressing before the next Old Firm should be enough motivation to beat them.
I felt very much for the team that they couldn't beat them once again, but they need to grow a certain level of hate inside. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

We are far too nice to them.  Our players should make sure the likes of Brown know they've been in a hard match.  Can't be that difficult, surely?

Alves had a wee dig at Brown. I think there was another incident too, but I can't recall who?

More of that please!

After a day to get over the disappointment I simply feel more confident we should win in the semi. We were running them ragged for long periods of it and we didn't even play our best.

We could easily have scored more and probably just as easily have conceded at least one fewer. I felt on the whole that Dumbele got a lucky bounce for his goal.

And at the end of the day even a win yesterday probably wouldn't stop another title win for them but a semi final win definitely knocks another treble on the head.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Alves had a wee dig at Brown. I think there was another incident too, but I can't recall who?

More of that please!

He tried to mix it up with Candeias but Candeias rattled him and then laughed at him.