Smoke Bombs thrown onto fans

I would prefer they were banned from Ibrox especially given their behaviour and the fact that from a financial point of view we don't need them.  We're not Partick etc.  And there is a precedent.

26th January 1994: CELTIC supporters have been banned indefinitely from Ibrox, which Rangers claim has been vandalised once too often.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12700261.Ibrox_ban_on_Celtic_fans/

On 11/03/2018 at 16:08, cooponthewing said:

It was five seats to my left mate. One of the guys in front of me had a steward tell him he was a “dick” for cracking up. There was 4/5 guys screaming at the police who just fobbed them off. Scot squad done nothing. Smoke bomb was thrown from above and went off in the middle right hand side of section.

One of (and there were many) of the excuses was that they can’t search everyone coming in. Funny that, because as I was coming in we were all searched. Incidentally how many bombs were there in total today? 6/7??? I stopped counting. If the club don’t ban them on the grounds of throwing explosives into opposing fans they are putting fans safety in jeopardy.

It’s the stewards that are the dicks, republican scum that should be in the Broomloan.

Rangers pay more for policing Old Firm games than Celtic despite having smaller stadium

Police Scotland have raked in £555,568 over the past two years from the Glasgow clubs as well as from the SFA and SPFL.

Rangers , Celtic , the SFA and the SPFL have spent more than half a million pounds on policing Old Firm games in the past two years.

Over the period from April 17, 2016, to December 30, 2017, £555,568.80 has been forked out on making supporters safe inside stadiums when the two teams clash.

The astonishing sum, however, does not include the cash spent from the public purse by Police Scotland on deploying officers outside the grounds.

For three matches in the past two years Rangers spent £206,796.00 on officers within Ibrox.

While over the same period Celtic only paid £168,194.40 for cops within Parkhead for their three games against their Glasgow rivals despite their stadium being bigger.

The capacity at Ibrox is 50,817 while Parkhead holds 60,832.

Rangers also give Celtic a separate stand to house their fans which should in theory make policing the event easier as at Parkhead officers have to form a human barricade within the same section of the stadium to keep the rival supporters apart.

The figures released through a Freedom of Information request don't know state the money spent on having officer, police cordons or police horses outside the grounds or on the overtime payments required to ensure enough cops are on duty on the day of the game.

Over the two year period the Scottish Football Association spent £109,713.60 on two games, the first being the Scottish Cup semi-final on April 17, 2016, when Rangers beat Celtic 5-4 on penalties.

The SPFL forked out £70,864.80 on stadium cops for the Betfred Cup semi-final at Hampden when the Parkhead side were 1-0 winners.

It comes just days after cops arrested six people following disorder at the Old Firm clash at Ibrox on Sunday where Celtic won 3-2.

Money spent on policing

April 17, 2016 - Celtic vs. Rangers £41,438.40 (SFA)

September 10, 2016 - Celtic vs. Rangers £50,448.00 (Celtic)

October 23, 2016 - Rangers vs. Celtic £70,864.80 (SPFL)

December 31, 2016 - Rangers vs. Celtic £74,390.40 (Rangers)

March 12, 2017 - Celtic vs. Rangers £56,143.20 (Celtic)

April 23, 2017 - Celtic vs. Rangers £68,275.20 (SFA)

April 29, 2017 - Rangers vs. Celtic £69,019.20 (Rangers)

September 23, 2017 - Rangers vs. Celtic £63,386.40 (Rangers)

December 30, 2017 - Celtic vs. Rangers £61,603.20 (Celtic)

Before the clash police warned supporters about their behaviour and asked both sets of fans to act responsibly.

In a statement on the holding of information regarding costs spent by Police Scotland on having officers outside the stadiums, they said: "No costs are calculated for the policing outwith the stadium.

"By way of explanation, Police Scotland does not record the total costs involved for the specific policing of a sporting fixture. The nature of policing means that officers and staff are deployed to wherever their services are most required.

"Further, the Division to which individual officers or staff belong meet the cost of their core time and so there is no requirement to maintain a record of the cost of any particular duty carried out.

"There will be officers who were involved in policing these fixtures as part of their routine daily duties and can be redeployed to other duties at any time.

"As such detailed records that are being sought by you are not held."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-celtic-sfa-reveal-eye-12187534

11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Another reason we don't need them. They're a financial drain.  Ban them, fill all the stands with our own and the policing plus stewarding costs will plummet. It's all win.

It certainly looks that way, but I suspect that the majority of their fans would have required less policing than our own tiny minority of fans who decided that a sinister march was so important on match day.  :ph34r:  The problem we have is that we can't always easily identify the trouble makers.  I fully expect something to change on this and as I've already stated it'll be detrimental to the atmosphere.  Pity.

On 11/03/2018 at 20:51, Gonzo79 said:

I've heard it from a pretty high up source that there is no way the police will let us lessen the allocation.  

I'd stick them in the corner but from what I've heard, it can't happen.

The Police need to take their head out their arses.

On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 12:56, Gonzo79 said:

Was he a young guy with curly hair?  

Sorry for the late reply mate but I have not had any Internet. Yes he was young with curly hair. Thankfully he eventually got the  message and moved away.