Paul Murray And Barry Scott Resign

33 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

God speed the day when we don't have to concern ourselves with all these off the field, in the boardroom, along the corridors of power, matters

Mark you, how will the eamonns amuse themselves then?  (Perhaps best not to dwell on that, quite frankly.)

but the fans demand transparency, openness & constant communication from the board.  

The more info or statements the board put out, the more it is dissected & analysed by everyone.

4 minutes ago, Darthter said:

but the fans demand transparency, openness & constant communication from the board.  

The more info or statements the board put out, the more it is dissected & analysed by everyone.

Well, maybe some have acquired a taste for all that; the mhanky mhob certainly have.

39 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Elsewhere for the past couple of days I've seen stuff about directors resigning from C1872 .

We can't expect anything from the club board if our own fans reps can't be open too.

I'm not saying anybody is wrong or right. I just want openness and clarity from all. I'd suspect we all do.

Edited by boabie

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I suppose our recent history means that many of our fans will think the worst when we see announcements like this, but the levels of madness on here are incredible.  There can't be anyone on here who seriously believes that we don't need an injection of new blood on the board.  I don't think the statement could have been any clearer in demonstrating that there's no issue here.  Does anyone not believe that?  We are expecting some changes which have been rumoured for a few months so it's no surprise we need to make room for some additions to the boardroom.  Normally a change of NED is not a reflection of arguments, or disputes, but rather that the purpose for which that NED was required is no longer a priority for the business.  I would assume that Murray contributed greatly to helping resolving our disputes with the previous regime.  I'm sure he's looking forward to being able to watch the games as a supporter again.  Thanks to both for their contribution, but again this is a non story.  It really must be a slow news week.

If this week is a slow news one, then I would never survive a fast news one! "Slow news week"? Really? 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

The timing has to be relevant though. Why today? It's a PR blunder if nothing else. But I still suspect there's been a disagreement.

Why not today?  Why is this a PR blunder?  [We've had a few of those but I can't see at all why this is.]. I think you just want to think there's been a disagreement.  There's absolutely no basis for that at all.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Why not today?  Why is this a PR blunder?  [We've had a few of those but I can't see at all why this is.]. I think you just want to think there's been a disagreement.  There's absolutely no basis for that at all.

I would argue that there IS basis for thinking there's been a disagreement.

- All talk of major investment is purely rumour

- 2 directors have walked unexpectedly

- It looks likely that we will be appointing a very high profile, rookie manager who will want spending money

- One of the most common causes for Directors leaving is disagreement.

- What other tangible reason could there be?

Hopefully it's not a major falling out, but until we have something tangible to suggest otherwise, disagreement is the most likely reason.

So, if I wade through the previous six pages, will I find any facts or just a lot of second guessing about why this has happened?  Thanks in advance. 

Not even bothering with FF and what will no doubt be a 1000 page, tim-infested stream of angry speculation. Be nice if the club was a wee bit more open to save the void with spurious keech. 

2 hours ago, craig said:

Easy tiger :ninja:

What? I could have said accountants are the spawn of Satan, the book keepers of hell but, sensitive to other members, I obviously refrained from doing so. ;)

8 minutes ago, Oleg_Mcnoleg said:

So, if I wade through the previous six pages, will I find any facts or just a lot of second guessing about why this has happened?  Thanks in advance. 

Not even bothering with FF and what will no doubt be a 1000 page, tim-infested stream of angry speculation. Be nice if the club was a wee bit more open to save the void with spurious keech. 

No facts, but some reasoned speculation, both that it's a positive thing and a negative thing. However, none of us have a scooby.