The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Yes, the red tops will have a field day.

They have, for the most part, also conveniently ignored Lennon's beating of his girlfriend plus his threats towards her.  Yes, consistency is not something the red tops utilize frequently.  Hypocrisy, however, is a staple of their diet.

He made a mistake, a grave one.  One which many men, and indeed women, have done too.  If it is an isolated incident then everyone deserves a second chance.  I would be just as, if not more, interested in what positive changes he made given this seems to have been the result of a drunken episode.

In terms of just the football.... he was on his way to being a 1st choice at Liverpool after he broke through but injury hampered that.  The fact he can play both sides would give us "2-for-1", would be a definite upgrade on Hodson and would provide real competition to both Tavernier and John (Wallace heading out the door ?  Or is he being brought in to primarily compete with Tav), is still young at 25 and he is also free.  From a purely footballing perspective this looks like a shrewd piece of business.

Plus, as is being rumoured, Celtic were in for him too.... so if we steal a march on them all the better, particularly with a relatively young (25 yrs old) player with EPL experience.

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

BTW, if the data at TM are correct, it looks like he had a contract extension running till summer next year. Might be that the Liverpool connection meant that they cut him lose so he can join up with SG ...

June 8th

Liverpool FC can confirm that Emre Can and Jon Flanagan will both leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/304212-emre-can-jon-flanagan-liverpool-fc

I wonder why it wasn't done prior to going to Spain ?

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

The abuse of his wife occurred after we signed him.

However, I'm against the Flanagan signing for various reasons, including his conviction.  Nobody is perfect but let's minimise risk.

oops!  Fair do's.

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

If Tav is off and it'll be Jon Patrick Flanagan joining Declan as first choice full-backs :D

I'm more worried about them signing Scott Allan, giving us....

Flanagan & Allan on the team sheet. 

I'm uneasy about this one.  I'd rather we didn't sign him.

If we do, we need to address his issues head on.  And if the lad has sense, he will be able to demonstrate his remorse.  But even then, he may never be allowed to move on.

31 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I'm more worried about them signing Scott Allan, giving us....

Flanagan & Allan on the team sheet. 

Joe Allen played in a Liverpool team with Flanagan.

1 minute ago, Scott7 said:

Joe Allen played in a Liverpool team with Flanagan.

Not 2nd house at the Glasgow Empire, I'll wager......

Seriously, though, that was just an attempt to emulate the success of the Crazy Gang. 

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Not 2nd house at the Glasgow Empire, I'll wager......

Seriously, though, that was just an attempt to emulate the success of the Crazy Gang. 

You’re not wrong, bud.

I’ve just worked out why Gordon Strachan is called Chesney. Crazy, right enough.