The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Some of the comments on this thread make me laugh.  If we want a young 25+ goals a season striker who scores in 50% of his games, I think about £60m should just about cover that.  We have to take risks.  We have no option if we are to compete.

We have no option but to put our trust in the football management team.  I'm sure they know what they are doing.  If they think these risks are worth taking, that's good enough for me.

10 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Some of the comments on this thread make me laugh.  If we want a young 25+ goals a season striker who scores in 50% of his games, I think about £60m should just about cover that.  We have to take risks.  We have no option if we are to compete.

We have no option but to put our trust in the football management team.  I'm sure they know what they are doing.  If they think these risks are worth taking, that's good enough for me.

How about:

Apps/Goals: 130/70

Price: £1m

Not bad stats....and costs a helluva lot less than £60m!!!  Fortunately we already have him (Morelos), but it goes to show that you don't need to spend £60m+ to get a player that matches the required stats.....it just takes careful & meticulous scouting.

There are players out that with good stats & if we're looking to bring in strikers/forwards/target men, I for one, want them to be able to score goals - I don't want another Kenny Miller who will run his heart out for 90 mins, but not really contribute that much overall.  We need defenders that can defend, midfielders who can dictate & distribute, and forwards that can score.

He looks not bad at all, reminds me a bit of cousin the way he runs with the ball, tall, fast and powerful, would be a good foil for morelos, we are going to be a seriously physically imposing team going by the business so far

Big guy wee guy in the old style might work but need to play at least a 4-4-2 for that.

As for ages Morelos/Hardie and this guy Sadiq are all about same age just that Hardie has never been given any real chance in first team to impress.

There's more to being a quality forward than goals, but I'm not impressed by the youtube compilations at all. His finishing is worse than Morelos and despite being 6 foot 4 he's not good in the air.

For me in Scottish football you want at least one striker who's one of the best in the league in the air. It's a great option to have coming off the bench too when plan A has failed! The past few years our sub strikers have had no obvious strengths our starting players didn't have.

Anyway, if he signs then I'll back him and hope for the best. He's young and I'm sure there will be a good chance of signing permanently if all goes well. For me it's another gamble but we've got to trust Gerrard and the team. 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Indeed, let's wait and see. Morelos will probably be our main striker, with another one following before the window closes. Hardie is there, then Sadiq.

The Nigerian Kyle Lafferty :D

Watching the youtube reel.....not overly impressed & not convinced his style would suit the SPFL....

He appears to have a bit of pace, and favours an "over the top" pass which he can run onto & into some space.  However, as we all know in the SPFL, teams like to sit deep, therefore there isn't generally a lot of room for players to run onto "over the top" passes or threaded through balls.  He also appears to be rather ungainly, with not the cleanest 1st touch - relying on his pace to get it back under control & away from the opposing players.

If we can't get other teams to advance beyond their 18yd box, then he looks like he would be completely ineffective.  We need someone who can battle & scrap in & around the box, in tight spaces.  Someone that can win headers & bring other players into the action - coz that's the reality of Scottish football (against us).

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Someone that can win headers & bring other players into the action - coz that's the reality of Scottish football (against us).

Exactly. A big tough target man (like Prso) would be brilliant. It’s the one thing that will make teams think twice about playing so deep too. And you’d see Tavernier and Candeias’s assists get even higher.