Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

"Seriously, has there been any individual in the past 20 years who has done more to raise the profile of Scottish football with one single act than the Australian?"

"If it wasn’t for Rogic, there also wouldn’t be any Rodgers. Subsequently, there wouldn’t be any Gerrard."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-celtic-star-tom-rogic-12475922

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

"Seriously, has there been any individual in the past 20 years who has done more to raise the profile of Scottish football with one single act than the Australian?"

"If it wasn’t for Rogic, there also wouldn’t be any Rodgers. Subsequently, there wouldn’t be any Gerrard."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-celtic-star-tom-rogic-12475922

Oh for the the love of tits. Still, at least it's not another 'what you dain', Stevie?' article.

When I lived in Oz, I knew a bloke (second gen Scot and massive bear!) who used to play in the same Canberra club side as Rogic. Said he's a lovely bloke. 

40 minutes ago, Darthter said:

They do seem to be doing ok with it though....

You're building your house on sand though. It's only worked so well for Aberdeen because Celtic have been more than happy to assist by giving them Christie for a year and half and Mackay-Steven on the cheap. We need to own players who we can sell on for a profit.

54 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

That is the problem with the standard of Scottish journalism at the moment. If you are well and truly below bog level and the periscope is right at Lawwell's anus, you can't see the realities ...

That chap's brain is buried somewhere in the Yahoo's own universe.

Edited by der Berliner

As yet, I am not convinced by this appointment.

However, to see so many of my fellow Bears happy; well, I hope the sun continues to shine.

Reference our separated brethren, I don't think I have seen them so agitated since Mark Walters ran on to ra Piggery on 2nd January'88? 

I previously posted my concerns and scepticism on the appointment of Steven Gerrard as manager, but I have now come to the conclusion that it would be a good appointment based on the following points:-

1. We cannot sink any lower than where we are at this present time.

2. Gary McAllister will bring a good football brain and bags of experience.

3. SG will command utter respect in the dressing room.

4. SG will bring quality players( probably Liverpool loans), and via their vast network of contacts.

5. Most importantly, he will have a considerable war chest of available funds to augment his plans/ strategy.

Of course SG would not take this Managerial position without concrete assurances of funding etc coming from New Investors.

For the first time in many a year , as I am in my 71st year, and have always been a Rangers supporter,this period fills me with great optimism as the future looks very promising.

Lets hope that this new era, puts us back to the top, and in our rightful position , not only in Scottish football, but back as a reasonable force in Europe.