Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

I thought PLG and Warburton would be great for the club and look how it turned out for them. I've previously said that I thought it was too risky but perhaps I'm going to be wrong again.

It's all a great unknown so no reason not to be excited about it.

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I thought PLG and Warburton would be great for the club and look how it turned out for them. I've previously said that I thought it was too risky but perhaps I'm going to be wrong again.

I'm the same mate, I was wanting an experienced manager yet couldn't name a manager I would want, and voted no to Gerrard in the poll, however every appointment is a gamble but the good thing about SG coming in is the huge worldwide exposure the club will get from this, and I am sure he will be able to attract quality players as it seems his treasure pot has been agreed? not to mention the Scottish gutter press & the whole of Scottish football being gutted at this appointment! what's not to like about this?

I don't think anyone is being asked to take the day off work to go and welcome Stevie, party hat on head, streamers in hand. And understandably a lot of folk are nervous about the appointment. But it now looks like he is definitely going to be our new manager, so we all need to get behind him and give him our support - because without it he WILL fail.

And it is excellent listening to all the Mick's going into meltdown about this. I'm sitting in work at this moment, listening to a bunch of them talking about Gerrard/Rangers just now, rather than about their own club and achievements and it's obvious that they are sh*tting themselves.

Edited by TheUKCrazyhorse
Spelling

22 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I think the biggest difference is that with PLG & Warbs, there was an expectation based on their previous successes as managers.  We don't have that option with Gerrard, so while there is trepidation & concern as to how he will perform as a manger, there is also a lot of optimism (rather than expectation) surrounding his appointment.