Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Do keep in mind that there will be the Killie game press conference too.

would it be wise to hold the pre-game presser BEFORE unveiling the new manager???  There would be no interest in the game (well, less than usual) & more focus on what "might" happen later on.  If they unveil SG 1st, they can then answer all the press' questions on that, then focus on the upcoming match.

Paul Le Guen had bags of experience. Four consecutive championships with Lyon and chose us over Benfica and Lazio. Caixinha had 4 years experience at youth level, 7 as an assistant and 6 as a first team manager before joining. Mccall had 7-8 years experience as a manger. Warburton only 2 years but a brilliant track record at Brentford.

I would have liked Steve Clarke because I'm not a gambler personally. But I'm excited about Gerrard and I think he'll be good. Remember he's played under lots of different styles of manager (Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson, Dalglish, Brenda). Furthermore he's been captain most of that time, he's taken responsibility to know the manger's systems well and keep the whole team in line. He was the implementer and enforcer on the pitch of those managers' systems.

Add to that that he's a very likeable guy who commands respect due to his reputation and I think we've got ourselves someone with great potential as a manger who will definitely attract better quality players to our club. If it's true he's known about this for 3 months there's no doubt he's been in touch with some potential signings off the record already.

Quote from Daily Star below, sounds good to me.

"Starsport also understands Gerrard because disillusioned and frustrated with his role at the Liverpool academy.

Gerrard didn't feel like it challenged him enough or provided him with the sort of intensity he craved - and will now get in Glasgow.

He also became increasingly frustrated by the fact certain players turned up late for training, despite living close to the club's Melwood training complex."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/700480/Rangers-appoint-Steven-Gerrard-TODAY-Liverpool-Anfield-youngsters-Gossip-Latest-SPL?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

Well I voted yes in the poll I see this as another Souness  moment granted he will not have the advantage of English clubs being banned from Europe but he will be able to attract some decent quality players for a change then comes the hard bit moulding them into a team 

11 minutes ago, Darthter said:

would it be wise to hold the pre-game presser BEFORE unveiling the new manager???  There would be no interest in the game (well, less than usual) & more focus on what "might" happen later on.  If they unveil SG 1st, they can then answer all the press' questions on that, then focus on the upcoming match.

That was a little tongue-in-cheek ;)

BTW, I hope we have the guts and keep the rag-pencil-artists from the Daily Record, Scottish Sun and BBC Scotland out of the press conference rooms.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

No need to apologise. 

I think most have their doubts (and that was reflected in our main site poll earlier in the week) but you'd have to be very, very negative not to see the positives.  Bill is correct to mention finance but I doubt Gerrard would have agreed to a three year contract without such assurances either.

Like I said in the first post, this is a risk but what appointment wouldn't be?  Let's get behind the new manager.

It would not surprise me to learn that Gerrard is not the pick of Dave King but was identified by new investors ... or that Gerrard himself is part of a new investing consortium. 

I just find it hard to believe the same directors who came up with Caixinha and McInnes suddenly were able to attract Gerrard to the club. As the saying goes, follow the money and you'll find the truth.

NO matter what has happened in the past with rookie managers , the simple fact is for this to work we need to get every summer signing spot on , we need winners and players desperate to succeed .

Plus if this appointment doesnt get the players currently at Ibrox excited and up for it then nothing will

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

But! but! but! Ranjurs are died! they are skint! they are going into liquidation no 10! the club is a total mess! no future planning!........................................:D

Ah but now Liverpool have turned us into a feeder team. It is now Liverpool who are pulling the strings