2 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

I think they all look below what we need.

Don’t necessarily disagree.  We won’t be able to get rid of all though. If a decent offer comes for Windass we may well take it.  At this point I’d take any decent offer for Morelos though !

1 minute ago, pete said:

I disagree.(surprise). Morelos is the best link up player we have but we need a real striker. Drop Morelos back and bring in a real striker to play in front of him.

He was dross today.

hes playing as a striker and failing.

if he drops back he would need to be more creative.  He isn’t creative enough for that.  If he drops into the “10” then I don’t think it will suit him or his style of play.

IMHO of course.

Just now, craig said:

He was dross today.

hes playing as a striker and failing.

if he drops back he would need to be more creative.  He isn’t creative enough for that.  If he drops into the “10” then I don’t think it will suit him or his style of play.

IMHO of course.

He was giving good cutting passes and is a officially a midfield player. He isn't a striker that is for sure. His link up play is better than anyone else but he needs to be playing around a striker. Drop Windass. Put Murphy out wide and play Morelos in the attacking midfield role. He will get more goals and also supply goals.That is of course only my opinion but I agree he is certainly not a striker.

Rather than ability,.........I think the issue is that Morelos doesn't appear to be that interested.

We are in a transfer window, best to move him on if possible and bring someone else in before it closes.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm usually quite positive about Morelos but he was truly awful tonight.  

Totally agree he is just not a striker. He also always goes to the back post and not try to get to the front post. he doesn't make runs like real strikers. Still the best link up man we have until Sadiq proves himself.

6 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Deja vue remember Kris Boyd was miss-used by Ally and lost his goal scoring touch,is this "Groundhog Day"with Morelos?

he had lost that touch well before the end of last season.  2 goals in 12 competitive matches suggests his problems started well before gerrard appeared on the scene.