[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 St Mirren (Morelos, Goldson - McCrorie Sent Off)

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

As I remain unconvinced by the maverick that is Umar Sadiq.

It is difficult to gauge how Sadiq will turn out because he has had limited time on the pitch and only then we have been down to 10 players which affects our approach.  However, based on what we have seen he seems to lack co-ordination and is let down by poor control.  Hopefully as he has more playing time we will find out if he adds another dimension to the team.

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

Definite red , from where I was sitting I thought Goldson was closer , Murphy caused it with very poor control though .

Yes, but Murphy wasn't helped by a poor pass from Barisic.

Good view from CD3 directly above the incident but slightly behind. Cover was arriving and a heavy touch was taking the ball well away from goal. Certainly wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity imo unless we’re talking Brazil.  Most around me were amazed.  

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Murphy is a weak link.  I have no idea why we took him on after his loan period expired.

Flashes of brilliance but most of the time he does little of note.

I think we had to. We wanted to buy him originally but put it on hold to keep money for other players. Buying was part of the agreement.

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

Concerning how poor Murphy has been in recent games.

Came on against Maribor and provided a fine assist for Coulibaly, today robbing the ball from a Saints defender and assisting Morelos. Hm.

BTW, Windass was fouled last week much closer to the goal, "covering defenders" in similar position as Goldson. Penalty given, but no yellow card, or even a red. McCrorie fouls the player outside the area with Goldson covering and the chance not as good as Windass' ... yet, it is a straight red. IMHO, either Ball should also have received a card (yellow + penalty), or McCrorie only yellow?

Good view from CD3 directly above the incident but slightly behind. Cover was arriving and a heavy touch was taking the ball well away from goal. Certainly wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity imo unless we’re talking Brazil.  Most around me were amazed.  
I agree never a clear goalscoring opportunity.