[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

1 minute ago, buster. said:

HT.................Ufa 0-2 Zenit

Ufa with about five changes to starting XI at Ibrox.

I don't believe they score loads of goals at home , something I'm quite grateful about , however I didn't see us losing 2 never mind 3 goals today .

You play this many games, this early in the season, with this many new players and you’re going to have games when things go off track. It won’t help when the support lets expectation get too far ahead of reality. 

don't understand the change in formation today. defense has been solid, why alter it? We havn't had anytime to train and run the formation that was evident. Players looked lost at times and defense looked the weakest it has.

managers first mistake for me.

Edited by trublusince1982

Just now, trublusince1982 said:

don't understand the change in formation today. defense has been solid, why alter it? We havn't had anytime to train and run the formation that was evident today. Players looked lost at times and defense looked the weakest it has.

managers first mistake for me.

I believe we were trying to match their 3-5-2. It worked for the most part, but I agree it needs more drilling; Goldson was uncomfortable and Flanagan is not the best CB. 

I think it was the subs that were the biggest mistake, but only in hindsight, because I could see what he was trying to do. 

That feels like a loss for me today. Conceding three goals was never in the script, but I guess we came up against our biggest test so far this season. I don’t accept excuses of fatigue - If we want to compete on three fronts we need to be as fit as we all thought we were. I don’t know what went wrong in the 2nd half, we were completely controlled and the equalizer was 100% coming - clear for all to see, yet we couldn’t prevent it. 

Okay, if we were going to have one off day in these 3 big games, I’d rather it happened today. Let’s see what SG and his team can now do to recover from this. I didn’t think the defence played like their lives depended on it, which I has been characteristic of us so far. No fingers pointed - several players didn’t do themselves justice today. 

Win, lose or draw on Thursday, I don’t care, as long as we make it to the groups stages, from a revenue perspective. 

But the league is where we will be judged and we now need to take something from the next Sunday otherwise we could slip 7 points behind Hearts and 5 points behind Celtic after only 4 games, and whatever way you look at it that  would not represent a great start. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I believe we were trying to match their 3-5-2. It worked for the most part, but I agree it needs more drilling; Goldson was uncomfortable and Flanagan is not the best CB. 

I think it was the subs that were the biggest mistake, but only in hindsight, because I could see what he was trying to do. 

don't think Middleton touched the ball. Probably the only time i didnt want to see him come on. Tav had lost possession and was caught out a few times before losing the second goal. Kept expecting him to drop Flanagan into right back and take him off for candiese

Really hope he doesn't go with that shape next week.