[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

What has amazed me is "the blue boy frae Copland Road",Gerard has obviously seen something in him and he has not let us down in last couple of games,especially today with clearance that many would have put into own goal.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Six games

Six weeks over nearly 3 months

Approximate 10M revenue

Potential to enhance player market value

Co-efficient 

Experience for players

Excitement for fans

Tangible and notable achievement

Prestige

It's not a hard call at all !

There's no point simply listing the benefits of the EL. Those are already obvious. The question was raised to consider the situation where we drop league points to the sacrifice of title hopes because of fatigue or injury due to the heavy schedule. I accept the EL is invaluable but I also accept we could also lose the league at least partly because of it. 

37 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

What has amazed me is "the blue boy frae Copland Road",Gerard has obviously seen something in him and he has not let us down in last couple of games,especially today with clearance that many would have put into own goal.

It’s called good management. Putting confidence back into players who were let down by previous managers 

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

There's no point simply listing the benefits of the EL. Those are already obvious. The question was raised to consider the situation where we drop league points to the sacrifice of title hopes because of fatigue or injury due to the heavy schedule. I accept the EL is invaluable but I also accept we could also lose the league at least partly because of it. 

You take what you can when you can.

Our stated aim is to access the group stages of European competition to help with the finances that in turn will help build a squad that can challenge for the league.

I don't see this squad as strong enough to win the league with or without European football. There is a decent starting XI if everyone is fit and available but IMO the squad isn't yet strong enough and over a season that is what will tell.

We need the finance to help improve the squad depth/quality for 2019/20.

Just now, buster. said:

You take what you can when you can.

Our stated aim is to access the group stages of European competition to help with the finances that in turn will help build a squad that can challenge for the league.

I don't see this squad as strong enough to win the league with or without European football. There is a decent starting XI if everyone is fit and available but IMO the squad isn't yet strong enough and over a season that is what will tell.

We need the finance to help improve the squad depth/quality for 2019/20.

This is getting into dangerous territory but .... I agree completely.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

As I said in an earlier post I thought  1 or 2 players looked jaded towards the end of the game today

It’s incredible to think we’re not even at the end of August & we’ve played 7 Euro games with another on Thursday.

There will inevitably be a reaction when playing inEurope on the Thursday & going into a league game on  the Sunday.

But we need to be playing inEurope & need to put up with that however inconvenient it may be

Edited by RANGERRAB

8 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Seriously, how many balls were thrown in to our box in the second half?

Easily two dozen, it's the law of averages.

Further, that's the second time in three league games we have conceded in the last kick of the ball. 

Barasic's goal for Osijek was also in the dying minutes.

10 hours ago, pete said:

Barasic's goal for Osijek was also in the dying minutes.

Yeah, it was a two legged cup tie. I rationalised it, our aim was to progress, we did. It's not the last minute goal didn't count, it was more the overall circumstance.

Losing two goals in two away fixtures on the last kicks have seen us drop four points. Most frustrating.

No matter how you look at it....this is another two points lost.  The manager was at fault for once but looking on the bright side; as many have pointed out, we'd have lost this game last season.

My main worry about the team is we seem totally incapable of hogging possession and closing a game down when we need to which has resulted in several late goals conceded.