Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Any Rangers supporter who votes SNP should ask themselves  some serious questions. These people are our enemy. They detest us & don’t hide it.

As I have said...I will not be picking my political allegiances based on my favoured football team & vice versa.

I will also not allow ANYONE to try & tell me otherwise.

It is appropriate to have individuals from both main faiths on such a panel and also supporters of football clubs as the problem manifests itself around football. However the motivation and past actions of those who are on the panel needs to be considered, because some of those mentioned don’t appear to have credibility with a large part of society in terms of their ability to tackle the causes of sectarianism and contribute constructively to its eradication. In fact many will see them as actively contributing to distrust between communities. Not because of their political or football allegiance but because of language they use, pubs they associate themselves with and organisations such as Govan Emerald who they follow. 

I would imagine there is a role for Club 1872 here to raise concerns  (I know everything falls on them) and to contact the standards committee or a sympathetic MSP as they are currently deciding on whether this new CPG gets approval with the proposed MSPs as the constituent members. 

They may need to collate info and act very quickly if they think appropriate. 

http://www.parliament.scot/S5_Standards/Meeting Papers/SPPAPublic_20180913.pdf

http://www.parliament.scot/maps/102153.aspx

Edited by Walterbear

49 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Any Rangers supporter who votes SNP should ask themselves  some serious questions. These people are our enemy. They detest us & don’t hide it.

Many in Scotland hate us Rab. Labour , Tory, SNP, liberal, and the common denominator is they support other football teams.  I know a lot more labour unionists who hate Rangers than I do SNP folk who hate Rangers. They often masquerade as Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Raith, Hearts, Spartans, DUFC fans etc etc. 

I want the Rangers fan base to expand and the danger in telling people how to vote or not vote is we end up as an insular, negative, paranoid, curiosity. 

It’s hard to create positive PR around a club if we fall into ever decreasing circles  of negativity and become embroiled in political identity. 

Im a Rangers fan and scoring goals and winning things is all that matters. Who I vote for or who anyone else votes for should only be their business.

It looks like the Tories are going to create a Brexit disaster which has the potential to screw my life like Thatcherism they imposed on me. Labour took us into Iraq and sold our gold and pensions and deregulated the banks. They will all have to try harder than tell me they support Rangers to get my vote. 

Maybe Ill vote Green. 

Edited by Walterbear

59 minutes ago, Darthter said:

As I have said...I will not be picking my political allegiances based on my favoured football team & vice versa.

YOU can always listen to advice, YOU don't have to take it.

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

I would also love to see Scotland run itself but I certainly wouldn't give my vote to people who sympathise with the murderers of Scottish or British soldiers. Nothing to do with football but any peace loving citizen that lives in these peoples constituency should not be voting for them.

You have a lot of Labour members and MP's, not just the Jewish community within the Labour ranks, coming out and admitting Labour has serious issues with their anti-semitic attitudes.  But you never hear any of the SNP supporters, members or MSP's, MP's admitting that they have problems with the Republican element and their anti-Protestant, anti-Rangers attidudes. Nothing just silence, so can we take it that they condone such sectarianism and bigotry in their party? 

Edited by aweebluesoandso

5 hours ago, Darthter said:

The fact that you always put your political allegiances before your "favoured" football team shows how far down the pecking order your team are.