Europa League discussion

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Minimum of locally trained players (ATP + CTP) = 8 less 5 (number we actually have) = 3 empty slots = 22 man squad

Exactly, we don't have enough homegrown players so we're forced to register only 22 senior players (not including McCrorie to be fair). Goes to show again how important a signing McGregor was.

It's nothing that is wrong with Wallace. The cover was more important in other positions that's all it is.

5 hours ago, BEARGER said:

James Tavernier, Connor Goldson, Jon Flanagan, Ross McCrorie*, Nicola Katic, , Borna Barisic, Joe Worrall, Gareth McAuley,

Having said that, I would have thought Wallace as back up left back would be far more of a priority than two centre back backups (not including McCrorie).

If Barisic isn't available we're stuck with Flanagan who is decent but is not a better left back than Wallace, especially when you consider he'll have a right footed player in front of him.

If 3-5-2 was in their plans at all it would be even more important to have Wallace as a backup.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for "locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "association-trained players" listed in these eight places on List A

We have four association-trained players (ATP) and one club-trained player (CTP).

4 + 1 = 5

Minimum of locally trained players (ATP + CTP) = 8 less 5 (number we actually have) = 3 empty slots = 22 man squad

Thanks for that info @buster. So we are saying that only McGregor is a club trained player, and that our ATP players are Arfield, Dorrans, Jack & Halliday? Why is McCorie a B list player - age? He is a first team regular and is club-trained. Any insight is appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Thanks for that info @buster. So we are saying that only McGregor is a club trained player, and that our ATP players are Arfield, Dorrans, Jack & Halliday? Why is McCorie a B list player - age? He is a first team regular and is club-trained. Any insight is appreciated.

No problem TSBear !

Best way to get a handle on it is to read the UEFA EL rules rather than have my faulty grammar as a go-between.

It's not that much really,... page 38 and the section starting at 42.01

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

I'm sorry to push this thread but I wasn't sure where else I should ask.

We (Rapid Wien) only get 1.000 away tickets for the match at Ibrox. Is there any special reason for that restriction (normally it should be 5% of the stadium capacity according to UEFA rules)?

Cheers from Vienna