The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I am absolutely certain Morelos will not go to France. Either Spain or England would be my bet, and for not a penny less than £20M, not France which is such an uncompetitive league with PSG (having lost 3 out of its last 5 games and still 16 clear at the top) the only show in town. 

I dont like the tone of that Ibroxnoise article either, calling this a circus and a soap opera. Its hardly anything of the sort, just a prize asset attracting some attention like is happening at many clubs around Europe at this time of year.

21 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I am absolutely certain Morelos will not go to France. Either Spain or England would be my bet, and for not a penny less than £20M, not France which is such an uncompetitive league with PSG (having lost 3 out of its last 5 games and still 16 clear at the top) the only show in town. 

I dont like the tone of that Ibroxnoise article either, calling this a circus and a soap opera. Its hardly anything of the sort, just a prize asset attracting some attention like is happening at many clubs around Europe at this time of year.

We won't get close to 20M for Morelos this summer.

By extending his contract, we put ourselves in a better negotiating position and opened up more the possibility of keeping him for next season.

However, since then, the discipline issue has become more acute and I think the manager is one or two similar type sendings off from saying 'no more'. 

IMO it's now best for all concerned that he moves as early as possible this summer and unfortunately that would probably cost us somewhat re. transfer fee..... But if he stays and things go sour, it could end up costing us more. Some will say it could go the other way and it's possible but I don't think Scotland (certain things about it) and Alfredo are suited.

Edited by buster.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

IMO it's now best for all concerned that he moves as early as possible this summer and unfortunately that would probably cost us somewhat re. transfer fee..... But if he stays and things go sour, it could end up costing us more. Some will say it could go the other way and it's possible but I don't think Scotland (certain things about it) and Alfredo are suited.

We should keep Morelos for another season, unless an offer comes in we can't turn down!. He is still potentially a top class striker, he will learn from SG & the management and become even better, Morelos terrifies the opposition just now and that is why he is the target for opposing players/managers/media.

He has to learn to put up with being targeted in Scottish football, which is being allowed to happen by the poor officials, egged on by the Rangers hating bias Scottish gutter press and accepted by Scottish football as a whole.

He is still an asset as a player and some Rangers fans are buying into the ''he's a nutter'' being put across by everyone, we don't need to sell him. IMO.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

We should keep Morelos for another season, unless an offer comes in we can't turn down!. He is still potentially a top class striker, he will learn from SG & the management and become even better, Morelos terrifies the opposition just now and that is why he is the target for opposing players/managers/media.

He has to learn to put up with being targeted in Scottish football, which is being allowed to happen by the poor officials, egged on by the Rangers hating bias Scottish gutter press and accepted by Scottish football as a whole.

He is still an asset as a player and some Rangers fans are buying into the ''he's a nutter'' being put across by everyone, we don't need to sell him. IMO.

If he goes we have Defoe who could probably replace the Alfie goals but we would still be a striker down since Lafferty doesn’t appear to be cutting it. I feel if we keep him

another season and he sorts out his discipline as he has promised to we could get more for him next year.

You guy's are listening too much to the gutter press. His disciplinary record will have zilch effect on his price. How many clubs and how much they want him will be the deciding factor of his price.

6 hours ago, pete said:

You guy's are listening too much to the gutter press. His disciplinary record will have zilch effect on his price. How many clubs and how much they want him will be the deciding factor of his price.

Forget the gutter press, this is now about the working relationship between the manager and player.

The manager won't keep putting up with Morelos if he keeps doing stupid things that damage the team.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

Forget the gutter press, this is now about the working relationship between the manager and player.

The manager won't keep putting up with Morelos if he keeps doing stupid things that damage the team.

Again Morelos is a bad one in your eyes. You forget Scott Brown running his studs down his leg and now walking away free. You forget Consedine(?) hanging on to him and him getting booked for diving. Morelos is not the problem here.