Euro QR4 Draw: Legia Warsaw/Atrimitos v FC Midtjylland/Rangers

45 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Progres beat Cork 2-0....sweet revenge is at our door.

That will be fun. Maybe it's shaping up to be our year including settling old scores.

Results point towards an away trip to Luxembourg 3 days prior to our opening league game.

Shouldn't be a disadvantage given Kilmarnock will most probably be playing in Belgrade that same Thursday !!

I find the talk of revenge, with regards to Progres, embarrassing. 

Revenge is taken upon people or parties who have done you wrong.  Progres are a small club who deserved to put us out (we were shocking in the away tie).  It's not about revenge - it's about getting Rangers back into a respectable position in European football.

We're better than that or at least we should be.

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I find the talk of revenge, with regards to Progres, embarrassing. 

Revenge is taken upon people or parties who have done you wrong.  Progres are a small club who deserved to put us out (we were shocking in the away tie).  It's not about revenge - it's about getting Rangers back into a respectable position in European football.

We're better than that or at least we should be.

Embarrassing was going out to them.

Talk of revenge is just another lazy and routine narrative in Scottish fitbaw.

Not worth getting upset over.

We need to try and finish the tie in the first leg so the 2nd leg team can be picked thinking in the opening league game.

Edited by buster.

Perhaps revenge is the wrong word, but righting a wrong will be high on our fans minds. Losing to Progres was the worst result in our entire history, and our manager (sic) should have been sacked before we landed back in Glasgow. I was there and it was a fantastic day until kick off. Progres were absolutely awful, lacking in basic ability, and we managed to sink to their level and match them. 

Since then however they seem to have improved significantly, their European results have been far more eye-opening that what that team I watched should have been able to achieve, so clearly they are on an upcurve and took great confidence from beating a big side (in name only at that time granted), so I dont think we will get this easy at all, perhaps a couple of goals to the good. I cant see it being the demolition that I really want to lay the ghost of 2017 to bed. However anything other than a safe passage to round 3 will be a calamity.

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife – 

giphy.gif

I don't agree that the Progres result was anywhere near our worst, and nor did I think it was embarrassing.  Disappointing, but not embarrassing.  We just didn't really appreciate how poor our team was, and were ignorant to how some of these teams have improved.  Progres is definitely a chapter we'd all like to forget, but it's a vastly improved team since we played them last and we will have to play well to beat them.  I won't be thinking about revenge.  I'll be thinking that it's another step towards us regaining our credibility in European football, and another game to enjoy.