[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Anyone singing the word fen1an last night, after all warnings we've had of stadium closures, should be banned for the rest of the season. They have demonstrated to the club that they will not listen without consequences. 

I haven't heard any reports of that word being sung. I thought it was another add-on?

58 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I live in Ireland, my partner is Irish and my kids are Irish.  It's frankly embarrassing and honestly quite offensive that we still have fans saying or singing these things.  

I don't mean to be disrespectful, mate, but I don't see the relevance of the Irishness?

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is the word Feni*n not derived from Irish revolters from 150 years ago? 

Not sure as to the origins of the word but it's either used as a slang for:

- a extremist supporter of Irish Republicanism (or insert your own description), or

- a slang name for an RC

Either way, I fail to see that it's slagging the Irish in general. The former description wouldn't even need to be aimed at Irish people.

If someone a derogatory term to describe an SNP supporter, for example, it's hardly an insult to all Scots.

4 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

If the knobheads have again put our club in jeopardy it now proves they are total irresponsible brain dead thickheads  and do not deserve the honour of being followers of our club..

The club MUST find a way of identifying them so that the most severe action can be taken against them.

Once again I say that the forumee constantly defending such antics to me it seems that he is a Union Bear.

'forumee' - that's a great word.  I remember after 1972 when we were banned for 2 years, the esteemed correspondent Brian Glanville pointed out that clubs should not be responsible for the behaviour of fans; he said something to the effect that a club has no more control over who chooses to follow it than it has the weather. That stuck with me.

46 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I haven't heard any reports of that word being sung. I thought it was another add-on?

People do seem confused about the add-on.  Just to be clear, if it's the add-on which was allegedly sung during Sweet Caroline, it's about an Argentine chap, not the Irish.

Edited by Gonzo79

16 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

'forumee' - that's a great word.  I remember after 1972 when we were banned for 2 years, the esteemed correspondent Brian Glanville pointed out that clubs should not be responsible for the behaviour of fans; he said something to the effect that a club has no more control over who chooses to follow it than it has the weather. That stuck with me.

If only he was in charge of UEFA!

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'd rather not publicise it more than it has been already, but basically the whole Rangers end was lit up with flares, and there were a couple of banners. It's the flares that are the issue. We'll likely get fined for them.

Keltic have only got fined for their flares though and it wasn't their first offence. So unsure why we are facing a ground closure.