[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

We could have played till tomorrow and never scored, it was obvious that changes had to be made and made long before they were.

Ojo on at 60 mins. Who would think that would be beneficial?

Hagi on at 75 mins, why not 30 mins before that.

Kamberi after that.

Our manager is showing his inexperience/stubbornness/poor judgement whatever. The 2 new signings should have been on at half time.

I thought when Kamberi came on the game changed as we had two forwards on. Aberdeen got pegged backed. Had that change been done earlier we’d have won.

Another day of dreadful officials,a continuing field at Ibrox and now totally expected.

As for the team it is like groundhog day at the moment clueless and predictable with the manager being the same.

It now seems more than obvious he HAS to play Ojo who offers nothing to the team.

A big thanks to McGregor for his saves today otherwise we would have lost to a mediocre team.

He was badly let down by Katic in particular having a nightmare,as was Kamara and Davis again.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

He was badly let down by Katic in particular having a nightmare

We’ve missed Helander but it’s surely time for Edmundson to be given a chance. His superior technique and passing could make a difference at Ibrox in particular. 

Methinks Andy Little noted it in the commentary that we had rather difficult times against Aberdeen this season, only scraping a couple of 1-0 wins before today. Going by our form, a result like today was probably expectable, if unwanted. Rather inopportune timing, but there you go. Saw quite a bit of over-reaction elsewhere, as the end is seemingy nigh. My calendar says February 1st though. I do expect the Scum going off track every now and then still, they are not exactly an über-team either. Games coming thick and fast now, next Wednesday it is home to Hibs again, they are away to Motherwell.

You would hope that - like we did late on today - we change formations earlier and should have done against the brickwall brigade much much earlier this season. We cannot change how other teams play against us or what the Scum does. But if things do not work, we can change what we do.

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Methinks Andy Little noted it in the commentary that we had rather difficult times against Aberdeen this season, only scraping a couple of 1-0 wins before today. Going by our form, a result like today was probably expectable, if unwanted. Rather inopportune timing, but there you go. Saw quite a bit of over-reaction elsewhere, as the end is seemingy nigh. My calendar says February 1st though. I do expect the Scum going off track every now and then still, they are not exactly an über-team either. Games coming thick and fast now, next Wednesday it is home to Hibs again, they are away to Motherwell.

You would hope that - like we did late on today - we change formations earlier and should have done against the brickwall brigade much much earlier this season. We cannot change how other teams play against us or what the Scum does. But if things do not work, we can change what we do.

Unfortunately they don't get beaten by shit teams at home.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We don't know how fit Hagi and Kamberi are, so I'll give SG the benefit of the doubt there.

Ojo, however...I hold Gerrard responsible for making that same mistake repeatedly. 

It wasn't fitness.  Neither are integrated into the team yet.

It showed when they came on with a few misfired passes.

The manager mentioned this in an interview this week.  The rationale for not bringing them on earlier was clear.

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

You would hope that - like we did late on today - we change formations earlier

SG rarely changes things before 60 mins.  He has that Warburton predictability about him.

Ibrox Stadium is the opposite of intimidating these days.  It's a library.  If I refereed at Ibrox, I would not be afraid to give decisions against Rangers because there's nothing to be scared of.  

Edited by Gonzo79