The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Absolutely boils my piss to see a like Fulham and Forest splashing the cash like it’s going out of fashion.

TV deals have priced us out of the transfer market and I hate it.

anyway, great to see we can bring some cash in for Aribo if we are not getting him to extend. Ten million will do as others have said it’s better than a free and sets a benchmark for Morelos and Kent if they don’t want to extend.

hopefully we get to reinvest the full 10 million and it doesn’t go to covering operating costs like the Patterson/Gerrard money.

7 hours ago, compo said:

Maybe one that gives the seller the upper hand in any transfer they have had long enough to give him an extension that way we can dictate the price ,in my opinion he’s not that great a player only an asset to be sold at maximum profit and if it was handled correctly we would be rubbing our hands not being over the moon with a derisory 10 million .

To get Aribo to choose Scottish football and sign for us in the first place, we would have almost certainly had to allow his agent/lawyer to have a significant say in what clauses were in his contract. That, on top of more direct financial inducements, on top of the reported 250-300,000 pound fee

In other words, they would have made sure that player had a big say in how his time at Rangers would end. 

If we do get somewhere close to 10M when he has one year left on his deal, then I'd say those initial negotiations were reasonably fair to both sides and on the pitch, he has done more or less what we would have hoped for.

We could have insisted to him and his advsors that you have to do it strictly our way, he might well have stayed in England.

9 hours ago, rbr said:

If anyone seriously thought that when we signed this young guy 3 years ago that we would be getting £10million , you would have been sectioned .

I love the guy as a footballer but this is a fantastic deal for us .

I don't like to tout my own horn, but, I did. 

I feel the same with Kamara, too. It took some of you a while to come around to recognising Kamara's ability. 

This is the perfect scenario, for us: sign young, hungry players with raw ability, for next to nothing; get them playing a lot of games, developing their all-round game; then sell after 2-3 years. 

That's why I have been saying that Morelos and Kamara should have been sold last year or the year before. (Kamara less so because he's signed a new deal, so we can extend his stay a little.)

Ten million for Aribo is great business. He made some worthy contributions during his time at Rangers but was no world beater and is far from irreplaceable.