Pre-Season 2022/23 Megathread | [FT] Rangers 1 (Colak 24') - 2 Tottenham

I thought considering some of these players have only played twice together that we did really well today , what killed us was 2 slack passes and they totally took their chances . Say what you like about him but Kane is ruthless .

We looked really really good in patches and domestically we will give some teams a right spanking if we can continue ating fast one touch football .

Let the fun begin .

Thanks again to Bluedell for having me along  .

H. Kane--Excellent--world class--a pleasure to watch.

Barisic--swan song? caught out against quality--I hope the Turk is an improvement.

Sands--Damn your head man!...solid performance otherwise. GBA!

Tillman looks the real deal.

Colak, Lawrence and Matondo--Will reap us a fortune in goals.

Tavernier--Captain my captain...solid

Kent solid.

Goldson...how can you defend that goal?...Kane is incredible...Solid otherwise.

Pleased with my team...looking forward to 56....and a  deep run in Europe!

So after a decent transfer window and pre-season what's your starting 11 for Livi next week?

Mine's would be the team that started yesterday but with McLaughlin instead of Greegs. Only reason for picking McLaughlin is he has better distribution.

However think Gio will go with the 11 that started yesterday with Jack instead of Lawrence.  

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

So after a decent transfer window and pre-season what's your starting 11 for Livi next week?

Mine's would be the team that started yesterday but with McLaughlin instead of Greegs. Only reason for picking McLaughlin is he has better distribution.

However think Gio will go with the 11 that started yesterday with Jack instead of Lawrence.  

I agree but think McGregor will be #1. 

Think Jack will miss livi but play in Europe. His lack of availability is a big problem considering how key he is for us.

Kent - Colak - Matondo

Tillman

Lundstram - Kamara

Red Van - Sands - Goldson - Tavernier

McLaughlin

It'll probably be Lawrence over Tillman. 

And Red Van may be eased in. 

I think it will be McGregor, but I hope not!

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Why start McGregor yesterday if McLaughlin is to get the nod next week?

What puzzles me is a manager who wants to play out from the back giving McGregor an extension ?

Great shot stopper, yes but his distribution is simply not good enough. That goes for being first choice or backup.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Why start McGregor yesterday if McLaughlin is to get the nod next week?

What puzzles me is a manager who wants to play out from the back giving McGregor an extension ?

Great shot stopper, yes but his distribution is simply not good enough. That goes for being first choice or backup.

Exactly. Why swap the keepers over the past 2 games? The first choice should have started them both so that the keeper and defence get more practice of playing it out from the back, which Gio obviously wants them to do.

14 hours ago, rbr said:

I thought considering some of these players have only played twice together that we did really well today , what killed us was 2 slack passes and they totally took their chances . Say what you like about him but Kane is ruthless .

I lost count of the number of under-hit passes yesterday, mainly by Glenn Kamara. I find it inexplicable that such an obviously skilled player should do that. Then for periods he was his old self again. You have to wonder what gets into players' heads sometimes.

If anyone thinks we can assimilate 5 or 6 players into the team overnight and there isn't going to be an adjustment period then it's a mistake. It could well be several weeks before we see what this new squad is capable of. Let's hope what we have today is good enough in the meantime.

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Nerves are kicking in at the mere mention. 

Na, it's the only way to do it, especially in our league, no point rushing forward into a wall. And we did it so well against some bloody good teams in Europe too.

McLaughlin for number 1 here too, Greegs for the cup.