26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Sands and Ridvan were players the manager identified. Not sure of the rest. Apparently the club were watching Matondo for a few years (presume since the days of Mark Allen). Pretty sure Colak was the old 'played well against us once' type signing.

Zero complaints about Čolak so far. I think he would have scored the early chance last night.

Sands is ok but I don't think he is good enough for the first team in any position. The real question is about Davies. When will he replace Sands?

Ridvan has had almost zero impact so far. Paying a large fee for him is baffling.

Matondo looks clueless to me. He makes Wright look amazing in comparison.

22 hours ago, PoohBear said:

My fear with this postponement is that we've already had the stats that this is the first time we've conceded 4 goals in two successive games since 1982, when was the last time we conceded 4 goals in 3 successive games? Napoli don't look like pushovers here...

1982, it was actually 3 games we conceded 4 goals if you count a 2-4 defeat to Southampton in a testimonial friendly that was sandwiched between the 2 Aberdeen games.

We did manage to score 3 goals in those end of season disasters unlike our current run of 11 with no reply. 

Anyway, to answer your question,  technically we have never conceded 4 or above in 3 consecutive competitive games.

But If we consider friendly ties, it has occurred twice.

August 1902

3rd Lanark 2-4  (league)

Hibs 1-4 (F)

Separate Entity  2-7 (F)

December + Jan, 1888/89

Morton 2-7 (F)

Blackburn Rovers 2-6 (F)

Abercorn 1-6 (F)

Edited by gaspard

19 hours ago, gaspard said:

December + Jan, 1888/89

Morton 2-7 (F)

Blackburn Rovers 2-6 (F)

Abercorn 1-6 (F)

Was struggling to recall those games, before realising that it was slightly before the Souness years 😄