[FT] Rangers 0 - 3 Napoli

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Kent lost the ball countless times. Generally struggled with the level but found Barisic’s overlapping runs a few times. 

As I said before, send Ridvan and Borna out on the left flank and lets see what happens. For the love of the game I cannot understand why Kent in this mode is kept on the field week after week.

The players who came on showed no grit or desire the fight in the team actually dropped when they came on considering they had fresh legs they are useful when we are 3 nil up against the likes of Ross county but way out of their depth at this level, Tillman and Matondo lose The ball to often to be playing in these games for us The team in first half and up to the sending off showed fight and it was a decent performance not outstanding but they did the basics at this level which all you ask so all in all shit result good fight up till sending off and recruitment needs to take a hard look at the level of players they are responsible for bringing in.

Edited by WorthingBear91

I missed tonight's game due to a prior commitment,  however I'm hearing the team played well and fought,  though it must be a worry when not 1 of our summer signings started .

I've defended the club, but that's ridiculous , we also had 2 players that played our last game from years ago against Bursaspor.

We have had a team/squad who over a few years have grown in European football with the pinnacle coming last May and the EL Final. 

However many of that team/squad are past their sell by date for this club and that has coincided with upping the level to the CL (probably our most difficult European group ever).

A double whammy, the numbers get embarrassing and it won't change at Anfield.

The CL is now a higher level than it was 10-15 years or so ago.

Extreme capitalism at work

9 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not long in from game all I can say is bring back Scottish referees an absolutely shocking display.

Thought the team played well and believe we would have got at least a point till the referee capitulated.

I don’t think it was a shocking display, I think it was most likely reffed pretty well, just that we had some misfortune really.

49 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As I said before, send Ridvan and Borna out on the left flank and lets see what happens. For the love of the game I cannot understand why Kent in this mode is kept on the field week after week.

It doesn’t say much for our recruitment that Kent is still virtually undroppable due to the fact that his competition is Scott Wright, a left back, Fashion Sakala and Matondo. Granted, Lawrence is injured, but we’ve needed more quality in the position for years.