[FT] Rangers 0 - 3 Napoli

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Woke up this morning wondering if Glen Kamara had played the whole game we would have lost 16-0. Still extremely unhappy with his pathetic little cameo from a player who supposedly has so much poise.

A while back he looked like any team in Europe could benefit from his play. Right now, I'm not sure Dundee would.

He looks, for whatever reason, utterly lost.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

A while back he looked like any team in Europe could benefit from his play. Right now, I'm not sure Dundee would.

He looks, for whatever reason, utterly lost.

Our squad management has been poor.

We have hung on to too many players for too long.

We have recruited poorly for several windows, with the odd exception.

We have too many players who need managed due to chronic injury problems/age.

The way this season is going was predictable and in some ways resembles Celtic of two seasons ago.

We are capable of the odd performance, but you know too many in this squad just can't do consistency and that is why the League is already gone, IMO.

Team needs broken up and given a new spine. I'm not even angry about the past two result in the CL. We're swimming in dangerous waters. I knew as soon as I saw who the ref was that we weren't getting anything. Not a conspiracy theory, he's just a particular brand of dick head to certain teams. I've been watching him for years. 

Put simply, we're no where near it. It takes a very special kind of mental gymnastics to think a team who grinds against spl fodder will somehow magically turn over CL level teams. We're whipping boys and the confidence of the squad is shot through. 

The captain again, is nowhere to be seen after the game. 

Edited by Nevermind

24 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I really think a different manager gets more out of this squad. 

He might for about 6 or 7 games or until the winter break.

I don't even think the question of blame is........... manager/coach or squad.

Substitute the or for and.

The squad is patently not good enough other than when occasional motivation kicks in.

The manager doesn't convince me either but when the recruitment is as poor as it has been (in short term regards recent summer window) then he hasn't a functional paddle.

Edited by buster.

We seem to have completely lost our way. I no longer know what kind of team we’re trying to be or how the manager plans to get there. We just seem to be drifting aimlessly, which is perhaps the worst condemnation of any manager.