[FT] Rangers 0 - 3 Napoli

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The squad certainly has issues, but I maintain that it is 'fine'. 

A better - not even better, just different, in terms of tactical approach - gets more out of this squad. 

When one of the issues is mentality, you have a fundamental problem

When some don't appear as they want to be there, you are restricted in choice

When too many are chronically injured or old, you are further restricted in choice

When you repeatedly come out of transfer windows without improving starting XI, you are going backwards

When the average of your team is touching 30, you lack vibrance and energy

When you have a manager who isn't a strong leader added to the above, it is only going one way.

Edited by buster.

13 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Honestly I think Kamara has always had a habit of giving the ball away in dangerous areas, really sloppy. I've been saying it since we signed him, it's the worst part of his play.

Unfortunately Glen Kamara's desire crashed a long time ago. For the last two seasons at least, he's been a pale reflection of the player who joined us and it's no accident that no offers have come in for him. It's clear he's one of those who should have been moved on at the end of the 55 season. Instead, we have him locked in until God knows when.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

When some don't appear as they want to be there, you are further restricted in choice

When too many are chronically injured or old, you are restricted in choice

When you repeatedly come out of transfer windows without improving starting XI, you are going backwards

When you have a manager who isn't a strong leader added to the above, it is only going one way.

Unfortunately, it's hard to deny that all of these issues apply to our club at present.

I think we've got too many of the same type of player. I think this plays a factor in how drastic the tactical changes can be. We've lost Aribo and Bassey, who even on a bad day covered the grass and put a shift in. Hagi is out and Morelos is being Morelos. We've been surviving on Arfield and Colak. 

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

When some don't appear as they want to be there, you are further restricted in choice

When too many are chronically injured or old, you are restricted in choice

All true, but it doesn't refute my stance.