[FT] Rangers 0 - 3 Napoli

2 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Kent's game has been sussed. Sprints down the wing then cuts inside. Doesn't know how to deal with double marking and always needs back up. 

He, Jack and Kamars are simply done here as far as I'm concerned.

You can see it in their play they feel the same.

9 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Kent's game has been sussed. Sprints down the wing then cuts inside. Doesn't know how to deal with double marking and always needs back up. 

What I find is that when he runs inside he doesn’t have a plan and just runs into trouble. Ball control is an issue too, makes it easy to tackle him. 

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

What I find is that when he runs inside he doesn’t have a plan and just runs into trouble. Ball control is an issue too, makes it easy to tackle him. 

Yup, Kent needing back up is how teams punish us. Whenever he makes a brainless run, it requires players to cover the gaps, the same gaps celtic know to exploit. It would be fine if there was a purpose or end product but there isn't. It's time to move him on and play as a team.

8 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Yup, Kent needing back up is how teams punish us. Whenever he makes a brainless run, it requires players to cover the gaps, the same gaps celtic know to exploit. It would be fine if there was a purpose or end product but there isn't. It's time to move him on and play as a team.

I’ve always said about Kent that I’d just prefer an inverted winger with more technique, who has close control when he comes inside and can one-twos, chipped through balls etc. We saw some great examples of that from Napoli last night, the Georgian’s player ball control was a joy to watch. But Jota has proved that there are guys out there within our range who have that skill set. That Georgian was picked up by Rubin Kazan for 500k too, so again good scouting goes a long way. 

Kent’s game for me has always been mostly about pace, causing chaos, work rate. 

Edited by DMAA