[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'll be watching the match in a bar in the South of France, if the local rugby bummers allow it.  Fingers crossed...

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/christopher-cully-2373a721_for-those-who-have-never-understood-the-difference-activity-7091667274989727744-lj4H?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop 

16 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'll be watching the match in a bar in the South of France, if the local rugby bummers allow it.  Fingers crossed...

I'm sure they will allow you some time to recover.! #red_raw

Shit gets real this evening. Will be an interesting watch.

Can't reasonably expect dynamic fluidity middle to front yet but we should have enough relative quality to create openings. Obviously, the defence need to do better than we have seen thus far 

Four hours out from the game and the nerves are kicking in.

Here's the gig from the pre-season friendlies. I am worried about the Sieve(the defence). Generally, the team is so narrow out of possession they provide little protection for the back four. Our last game on the Rugby Park drastic plastic was back at the end of January, we won 2-3 just. McInnes instructed his players to shell it forward early, particularly into our left back area. He told Vassel, an old school hurly-burly centre to peel into that area and his challenges regularly won the ball. Armstrong was the designated satellite that evening and, he caused a fair bit of trouble before he was correctly red carded.

I think Killie will do similar this late afternoon, McInnes has brought in another couple from Aberdeen, Watkins and Kennedy who can also race into areas of support. Keeping possession and establishing a comfortable lead will be the key. The front six will have to shut down wide Killie players in and around the half way line, stop them shelling it.

In an hours time, I will change my mind. Optimism will come to the fore, won't it?

17 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

In an hours time, I will change my mind. Optimism will come to the fore, won't it?

Inspiring bold John Barleycorn!

What dangers thou can'st make us scorn!

Wi' tippenny we fear nae evil;

Wi' usquebae we'll face the devil!

That is in the way of being a prescription. 

From the GPL, I see that the range of FGS is wide. Let's hope that McInnes is also confused on who to target, let alone who will start for us.

Most expect that Kilmarnock will come at us aggressively from the start, so once we nip that in the bud and have some counter attacks, the game hopefully will settle down with us having the majority of possession. if it pans out like that, it will be interesting to see how fluid we can be.

Best case - we get into a comfortable lead and give many of the new boys a run out.

Worst case - Let's not go there.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm from the Borders, so I know all about rugby.  

Regarding the match at Rugby Park - I'm expecting Rangers to make defensive mistakes and to witness a continuation of our teething problems from middle to front but still think we'll win. 

Allez les bleus (although we'll be wearing one of our change strips, unless Killie wear one)!