[FT] Servette 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 51)

53 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think people are being a bit harsh on Dessers.  He puts himself about a bit and I reckon it'll come good eventually.

He’s been very weak on and off the ball so far tbh. Just checked the stats and they back that up. 5 ground duels and 3 aerial duels and won none. Dispossessed twice. He looks strong to look at but not in the game. 

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

He was terrible 1st half but outstanding 2nd half. Butland MOTM by a country mile.

Tav another who was poor 1st half but improved 2nd half. 

They were obviously told of the posts on here calling for them to be subbed. Gersnet can take credit for the motivation.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. Would have definitely kept Sima on for his pace. Danilo looked shell-shocked after his miss IMO. It was a terrible miss. Great ball by Cifu (I think)

If only we could graft Sima's pace on to Lammers. Pace is only an asset if you can ally it to tactical awareness. There's a reason Sima never played for Brighton.

Use Saturday’s match to experiment with our strikers see if we can find a blend I don’t recall the Servette goalkeeper making any saves the only thing he really did was pick the ball out of the net let’s encourage the players to have a shot on goal.

Really not seeing anything with Sima. Would be inclined to send him back.

In all brutal honesty we probably would be better off with Martin Boyle as much as he is a dislikeable little pleb. He has genuine pace and can cause problems in games like last night. Sima only caused problems to us.

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

If only we could graft Sima's pace on to Lammers. Pace is only an asset if you can ally it to tactical awareness. There's a reason Sima never played for Brighton.

On the brightside, at years end, Sima just goes away...

Unlike Matondo, who we get to watch run around, really fast, but aimlessly, for years to come. 

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think people are being a bit harsh on Dessers.  He puts himself about a bit and I reckon it'll come good eventually. 

Sima looks like the new Matondo - offers nothing but an occasional bit of speed.

Dessers looks to avoid the physical stuff. last night he had an opportunity to wrestle for a ball just inside the 18 box but put in a powder puff.

I really want him to come good but, as yet, can't see it