Rangers v Celtic Ticket Row Explodes

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Hopefully 🙂

No issues with other teams cutting our allocations and as others have said, it has been done previously by Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell even when we were in the Championship

I have an issue with it. The reason we have this stupid split and 12 team league, play the same teams again and again is because TV wanted 4 OF games(and pay us peanuts for it) but also because the diddy teams wanted 2 home games v us a season to milk the blue cash cow. 

Now they have decided they don't want to milk the blue cash cow meanwhile we are stuck with this broken format. Its all rather pointless.

I'd hope a 16 team league comes back on the agenda as the top 4 in the championship are pretty similar in quality to the bottom 8 of the SPFL. Perhaps teams would have a bit more freedom to blood in youth players. I seen a stat somewhere that there were little or no young players used in the SPFL last season. Leon King was one of the most used u-20 players in the league with about 10 games.

20 hours ago, ian1964 said:

"The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding."

'Reasonable'...defined by who, the home team? 

'Determined by the Board'---Rangers board? 

You could park a Winnebago in that rule. 

In my formative days we'd get an entire end of Parkhead and some of the Main Stand. Those were great days, a right of passage for every match going Rangers supporter. Times change however. The police have more power now (to much I'd say), season tickets dominate now and of course every Old Firm is televised live now. Probably the biggest change though is the two clubs do not get on at board level anymore. Having attended the 3-0 home victory at the end of last season I can't say I missed them, even though we horsed them and it would have been fun to have some captive to mock. I'm comfortable with no away fans while the games are televised. It's not the same as going to the game, but so much has changed about football over the years this just feels like another thing. 

37 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I have an issue with it. The reason we have this stupid split and 12 team league, play the same teams again and again is because TV wanted 4 OF games(and pay us peanuts for it) but also because the diddy teams wanted 2 home games v us a season to milk the blue cash cow. 

Now they have decided they don't want to milk the blue cash cow meanwhile we are stuck with this broken format. Its all rather pointless.

I'd hope a 16 team league comes back on the agenda as the top 4 in the championship are pretty similar in quality to the bottom 8 of the SPFL. Perhaps teams would have a bit more freedom to blood in youth players. I seen a stat somewhere that there were little or no young players used in the SPFL last season. Leon King was one of the most used u-20 players in the league with about 10 games.

Different topic and I agree 100%. However, clubs have the right to reduce allocations and look after their own fans. It's what we do, so we can't complain when it's reciprocated. 

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I suspect that is in retaliation to us taking the stand off the tims. The timing is suss.

I really don't think so. It's based on their own fans complaining about both sets of OF support.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

No, the SPFL board.

What a terribly written rule. 

The SPFL board is populated by representatives from the respective clubs.

We got a guy on there right? 

So, how are they expected to make an impartial decision on matters like this?

Internal conflicts should be referred directly to an arbitrator...not the board. 

That arbitration should be binding.

There is no way to ensure fairness if the 'board' is making the call.

That is why these things take an ice age to solve.

What a CF that league is. 

maybe all the premier clubs will have to sit down with the authorities and reach some kind of binding agreement maybe a guarantee of say 5% of the home clubs capacity has to go to the away club all  this nonsense makes a mockery of our game .